Chapter 23: Mysterious person

It had been minutes perhaps hours, since I had been kidnapped and from the various but limited conversations that she and I had had had learned that she was called Elentari, really a strange but unique name.

---

"You know, I never thought I'd ever been kidnapped, I always ignored what other people told me.... but they were right......humans are very dangerous beings.... I shouldn't have trusted..... *sobs*.... *sniff*.... and look where I am...*sobs*...how am I going to get back to my fam-"said Elentari, but a noise interrupted her, making her wince.

Suddenly the wagon door opened and a weak but comforting beam of light entered.

To cover again the light were a pair of big dirty boots and half patched, all held together by other pieces of fabric, the owner of those feet was immersed in darkness, it was heard only the voice, a deep, greasy and sarcastic voice.

It was only later, out of nowhere, a small flame materialized from his palm, that was enough to illuminate the whole wagon.

I hadn't noticed before but I wasn't the only one here, of course there was Elentari to keep me company in this darkness, but looking around I noticed that there were dozens of other cages some were stacked in a corner and were empty but others weren't, many were small, mine in comparison seemed to be luxurious.

To my right, in the same cage as mine was Elentari, I had never seen an elf in all my life, but what was written in the book did not fully describe the beauty of the elves, I was amazed especially by the long blond hair and her green eyes as emerald, but her beauty was diminished by grimes and filth. At the same time Elentari peered at me, she seemed amazed and shoked at my appearance.... eh.... had she seen me before...hehe would have come out her eyes from the sockets in seeing a plant beautiful and intelligent as me.

The man looked around and nodded satisfied and moved to the right, behind him stood another figure, perhaps a man, given his tall and stout stature, this time I could not see his appearance because of a long cloak that covered his whole body and obscured his face.

The figure approached Elentari's cage, she in turn stared at him with a look of hatred mixed with anger, but her shaking hands behind her back betrayed her. And then he said some words that I couldn't understand, but Elentari understood them, making her face turn pale, but causing the man with broken boots to take on a greedy and calculating look.

Then as if he had done that action countless times, he pulled out a small bag from his cloak, pulled it to the ground towards the man's broken boots, the bag landed heavily on the ground causing it to break and spilling all its contents on the ground.

...

UH!!?

.... IT'S GOLD WHAT I SEE!!? ( ☉O☉ ) !?

When I saw that beautiful and delicious sparkle, I tried to reach out to it, but I couldn't reach it. My arms were too short.

The mysterious man seemed to look down, right on my outstretched hand,

Don't mind me! I'm just trying to reach them....... Still a bit... *Ugh*.... come on.!... maybe I can reach them....

I was still trying to catch them but a strong pain on the back of my hand stopped me in succeeding.

AH!!..... MY HAND!!!..... YOU SON OF A B****!!! (#'Д')

The owner of the boots, aware of my complaints, looked me in the eyes and with haughty air then bent down and collected every single money...including dust...

Damn it!! NO!.... MY TREASURE!!! MY MONEY!! ('༎ຶД༎ຶ')

*sniff*..... Why i'm still here?..... *sobs*......I'm just a poor little plant.. *cough*...girl who wants to live a simple and quiet life.... maybe that of a rich lady. with a lot of money...uh..... money....
(ノ' з ')ノ.... $

... but that doesn't mean I have to sell myself and then make the others richer!!. It's not fair!!...... *sniff*...but what have I gotten myself into..... SYSTEM!!!! o(-'д'- 。)

*ding*

[HOW MAY I HELP YOU DEAR HOST? ]

system!... Help me escape from here! Quickly!

*ding*

[ERROR]

*ding*

[RECALCULATION.... ]

*ding*

[ERROR]

*ding*

[NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE]

Cruel! Tyrant! Scammer! Traitor!!!... System you are just Unreliable!!

*fizz*

ACK! (*[]*)

*ding*

[SHOCK DAMAGE - 5 HP]

[HP REMAINING 45/ 50]

---

humph!.... Enough I'm tired!!!.... From now on I won't talk to you anymore!!

***

After securing the money in his pockets and cleaning his big fat hands on his pants, the bastar- *cough*...."the man who had previously crushed my poor delicate hand" turned to the figure of the hooded man and spoke to him,but I couldn't understand their language.

*ding*

[DO YOU WANT TO LEARN THIS LANGUAGE? ]
[COST: 1 SP]

"..."

*ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding*ding*

[DO YOU WANT TO LEARN THIS LANGUAGE? ]
[COST: 1 SP]
[DO YOU WANT TO LEARN THIS LANGUAGE? ]
[COST: 1 SP]
[DO YOU WANT TO LEARN THIS LANGUAGE? ]
[COST: 1 SP]
[DO YOU WANT TO LEARN THIS LANGUAGE? ]
[COST: 1 SP]
[DO YOU WANT TO LEARN THIS LANGUAGE? ]
[COST: 1 SP]

Leave me alone!!!..... I don't want to buy anything!!... I don't need you.

*ding*

[CONGRATULATIONS YOU PURCHASED" LANGUAGE OF THE BLESSED EMPIRE"]
[REMAINING SP: 7]

No!... I do not accept it!... I had refused...refund my SP!!

[...]

I was still waiting for an answer from the system but the appearance of a dark cloak and a pair of patched boots before my cage reminded me of the situation I was in.