Crash

Author's note: back with the Audrey x Jann agenda :)

Audrey's POV: It had a been a month since I got home from Tokyo and so much has changed. Me and Jann have been FaceTiming each other daily since he is still doing his racing season with Jack and Danny. They seem nice, especially Jack.
It had been a nice cool sunny Sunday afternoon which is strange for this time in the UK but hey I am not complaining. I had been hanging around with my friends for most of the day until my phone was pinging like crazy around 2:00PM. I went to go and cheek it and I.. couldn't believe it. I made up an excuse to leave and ran to my flat praying what I saw wasn't true. As soon as I got home I quickly turned on the tv to the sports Chanel and I threw up in my mouth. Tears ran down my eyes, I couldn't believe it. "no.no.nononononono.NO!" I said over and over again. On the tv was live footage from Jann's latest race. He was in Germany competing and I watched over and over again as his car that he was driving go up and flip and crash straight into the barrier. Then the camera turned to what looked like Jack running following an ambulance and an air ambulance which had just landed. I need to be there. For Jann. But I can't. I am stuck here with no way to get to Germany cheaply. Then I saw him completely unconscious. He looked dead. "Oh god please say he isn't." I said quietly to myself. The only injuries I could really see where on his face. His face was definitely the worst of it. I turned the Tv off, not being able to look at it for one more minute.
Later on that night, I was scrolling on instagram then I saw an article.
"Gamer kid killed one in an accident."
I knew that 'gamer kid' right then and there. It was Jann. The crash did look bad and I did see some people there.
My heart sunk. I didn't really fully know Jann but what I did know is that he would say sorry not a lot but quite a bit even when things wasn't his fault. He was also just a very quite and reserved person who wouldn't really yell at people or tell them how he felt. Unless things were bad. Really really bad. This crash is a prime example of that.

I decided to go to bed early that night but I couldn't. All that ran through my head was if Jann was okay. Was he dead? Was he in critical condition? Was he okay and just sleeping? Just then my phone rang and I braced myself for the worst. It was Jack.

"Hey Audrey..how are you?" He said. He sounded honestly exhausted.
"Is Jann okay?" I didn't even bother answering his question I just wanted to know if Jann was okay.
"Doctor's say he didn't suffer any internal injuries. He just suffered a lot of outer injuries, the worst being on his forehead which needed stitches. But other than that he's okay."
I sighed the biggest relief ever. Jann was okay. He was extremely lucky.
"I heard about the spectator. Does he know." Then on the other end of the line I hear Jack sniffing was Jack crying?
"Yeah. He knows. He thinks it's his fault even though it's not his fault. I am going to try and help get through this. He doesn't really want to talk to anybody right now. He feels like he should of died instead of the spectator." Jack said. My heart dropped to my stomach. I felt so bad for him. All I wanted to do now was to be over in Germany with my boyfriend and give him all the hugs and love in the entire world.
"If all goes well then he is going to get discharged on Tuesday next week. So if you can call him then." Jack said and I quickly made an mental note of it.
"Thank you Jack. For being there for him. I saw you running for him." I said.
"Between you and me at first I used to hate him and thought he was crazy but I look at him know and see him as my own kid. Like I need to be there for him and support him." Jack said in a whisper. I smiled.
We talked for about five more minutes and then Jack had to go.

I was left with just my thoughts. All I want to be there with Jann.