Sick day

Author's note: TW: for vomiting. If you don't like it then please skip. The vomit part won't be too graphic tho.

No one's POV:
If there was one thing that Jann hated the most was being under the weather. As a child he would almost never get sick but when he did, he got it bad. So it probably wasn't the wisest idea for him to be driving a car at 140 miles an hour. Well that's exactly what he is doing. But nothing should go majorly wrong. Right?

Jann's POV:
Fuck. Why why didn't I tell Jack or even Danny that I was feeling like shit, but then I would probably gotten yelled at by Jack. So i decided to keep it in at tough it out. God being in the car didn't help either. I couldn't go too fast because if I did I don't think the results would be pretty but if I went too slow I had the fear of Jack and Danny being disappointed with me and I didn't want that.
"You okay Jann?" My radio buzzed and it was Jack.
"Yeah I am fine. Why did you ask?" I lied. Hell no I am not okay. Far from it. All I want to be right now is in bed and asleep. My limbs hurt, my stomach hurts, my head hurts. So basically everything. Great.

Jack's POV:
Jann has been acting really strange today. Normally before races he would be sitting on the sofa in the trailer and blasting Kenny.G and Enya but today he was laying down not listening to his music. Weird but I shrugged it off.
He was in 8th place which was good but he kept falling behind.
"Jann. Kid. You sure you are okay. Let's add some more speed okay." I radioed to him and got the simple reply. "Yes sir." And he boosted all the way up to 2nd.
The way he said those two words though. You could hear it sounded rough. Did he get a good nights sleep last night? That was one of the million questions running through my head. It made the most sense. He had been suffering from nightmares ever since his accident so it did make sense.
I watched on the screens and shit. Cappa was coming right up behind Jann.
"Jann be careful Cappa is behind you. Very close to be exact." I said but I was too late and bumpers hit bumpers causing Jann to spin out of control and of the track and landed in the grass. "That bitch." I said quietly to myself. I knew Jann was going to be gutted.

Jann's POV:
FUCK! WHY ME! Out of all days I wanted to deal with Nick today wasn't the day. The spinning made me feel even sicker and I nearly threw up right then and there. I quickly regained control of the car and drove it as quickly as I could and luckily I snatched 10th place.
I slowly drove the car into the pits and I felt even shittier. My chest hurt a lot from the impact of the hit. I felt like was going to throw up any moment.
The door was opened and Jack helped me out of the car. Fuck. Shit. I got my helmet off and ran to the nearest bathroom and not even bothering to shut the door I threw up my stomach contents in the toilet.

Jack's POV:
I was confused. Why did Jann just run. I followed Jann. I heard retching and throwing up sounds coming from the bathroom.
I walked closer and saw Jann hunched over the toilet. Poor kid. I walked over to him and placed a gentle hand on his back.
"There. Get it all out." I said gently and he gently came to a stop. Jann looked up to me with tears in his eyes. "S-sorry." He whispered. I got a wash cloth from the cabinet above the sink and placed it under water. When it was wet I gently wiped away the excess vomit off Jann's face.
Danny came in and he looked around with empathy. Jann looked down with embarrassment.
"Hey Jann, there is a car outside that you and Jack can go back to the hotel.
I will get your stuff and meet you there." Danny said, he moved over to help me guide Jann to the car since he was shaking like mad. Once we made it to the car, we gently helped Jann into the back seat and I got in the passenger.

It wasn't too far of a drive from the hotel. I looked into the mirror to see Jann fast asleep in the back seat.
As we pulled up the the hotel Jann woke up and gently and quickly got inside and into my hotel room.
"Go and lay down on the sofa and get some rest." I instructed Jann. He left out a childish wine. "I am fineeee." He said. I let out an annoyed sigh. "Jann. I literally just saw you throw up into a toilet and be fast asleep in a car. You are clearly the opposite of fine." I said and finally Jann flopped on the sofa and turn over and fell fast asleep.

Danny's POV:
I opened the door to the room where I saw Jack and an a sick fast asleep Jann. Being as quite as I could I gently placed his bag on the floor and sat next to the teen. He looked horrible. White as a ghost, flushed cheeks and he was curled up into a ball. Then Jack came into sight with a thermometer, soup in a thermos and a bin.
"Hey." He said quietly.
"Hi." I said. Jack placed the soup on the table and the bin on the floor near the sofa. "Jack you sit down. You have done enough. I can take his temperature." I said gently, I could tell he was tired. "No- I can do it. If you want you can get him a pillow and some comfy clothes for when he wakes up." He said, he sounded scared. He had never seen the kid so sick before. Well this was the first time seeing Jann sick but he was human it's was bound to happen.
I sighed and got up and fetched Jann a pair of jogging bottoms, a plain t-shirt and a hoodie. Jack took his temperature and placed it on the table. I got a glance at it. Holy fuck. 101F definitely sick. Just then Jann groaned and woke up.
"Hey guys." He said like he wasn't even sick at all.
He moved to get up off the sofa but I was quick to react and gently laid him back down. "Jann, you need to rest." I said gently. He looked confused. "I am fine. Seriously." He said, then Jack came sight. "Why didn't you tell me that you were sick?" Jack asked. He looked mad. I watched Jann gulp then let out a raspy cough. "Sorry."
"You could really hurt yourself-"
"And other Driver's I know!" He interrupted Jack. His gaze of the kid soften and sat down next to him.
"I don't care about them. I care about you."
It was my turn to intervene.
"Jann get some rest okay." As I could see his eyes dropping.
Finally he laid down and relaxed.
"Could you please stay." I small voice came out as me and Jack where about to leave.
We stayed.