Apology

AUTHORS NOTE: NO ONE CAN TELL ME THAT DANNY AND JACK GIVE OFF SO MUCH DAD ENERGY. TO JANN. So in honor of that here is a sad one-shot for them because this is so cannon. TW: SH kinda.

Danny's POV:
I felt like breaking down. It wasn't fair but I guess that's life. Me and Jack stood in silence outside Jann's hospital room. He woke up and we had to tell him about what happened. The spectator. My heart was breaking in a million pieces for the kid. It wasn't his fault and yet he still thinks it is. We tried to comfort him and tell him it was okay and wasn't his fault but he lashed out at us. I took a small slips of the water from the fountain.
"We are not going to leave him like this." I Informed Jack. He nodded.
"Give him some time." He said quietly.
We walked in a uncomfortable silence around the ward that Jann was on and took a few laps of it.
When we reached back to his room and we saw through the window that a nurse was there and topping him up on some painkillers. God he wasn't even facing her. He had his back to the window. He probably didn't want anyone to see how his face looked. Poor kid. He was only 19 after all and already so early in his career have gone through this horrible traumatic event. Is he even going to be able to bounce back from this? He will. I know Jann. The sweet camera-shy kid who always wanted to make everyone proud. He did no matter what. Me and Jack both know that all to well.

Jack's POV:
The nurse left and saw me and Danny and told us to wait for at least five minutes before going back into his room. So we waited and took another really quick lap of the ward before deciding to go back into Jann's room.
I opened the door slowly, my heart cracked again. He was curled up into a ball with his knees up to his chest. His face worsened since the last time I saw it. Did he scratch his face because of what we told him? His eyes were bloodshot, tears running down his cheeks constantly and he looked loopy probably because of the painkillers.
He looked vulnerable. Even though he was taller than both me and Danny  in the hospital bed he looked like a small kid scared to death of everything and anything.
"Hey." I said gently. He gave a half smile as a gesture to say hello.
Me and Danny moved slowly closer to him at least he wasn't lashing out at us.  I stood on his left side of his bed and Danny was on his right.
A moment of silence when by. It was awkward.
"I-I am sorry.. for lashing out at you two. I-it wasn't fair. You were only trying to help. "Jann croaked out. God this kid had apologized far to much today when he didn't even need to.
Danny moved over and slowly rubbed his back.
"You don't need to say sorry Jann. It was a perfectly reasonable response to such a thing." Danny said in a gentle tone. I didn't say thing. I just nodded and went along with Danny. Jann looked down and start to fiddle with his hands. I gave Danny a look to tell him that it was best to lay off the crash for now.
Another weird bit of silence went by.
I broke it.
"Why did you scratch yourself?" I asked. Jann gulped.
"I tried to get my anger out. To feel something. And I scratched my face. I know your disappointed in me. Sorry." He said quickly. I sat down on the empty space next to him on the bed. He lifted his head up. God his face looked so so painful this close up. In my prevail vision I saw Danny tears glossing his eyes. I didn't take my eyes of Jann though. "Jann. Please. Please. Don't hurt yourself. You don't deserve it and we aren't disappointed in you. We would never." I said and Danny nodded backing me up.
I saw it in Jann eyes that he was completely mentally and physically exhausted. For fucks sake he had crashed and accidentally killed a spectator all in one day. It was mentally and emotionally taxing.
"Come on you. Get some rest." I said gently helping Jann move and lay down and get as comfy as he can be. After all hospital beds are shitty. This would probably be the last time in a long time that he would be able to sleep peacefully.
In less than five minutes later he was fast asleep.
Me and Danny decided to stay and go back to those shitty hospital chairs that not even 3 hours ago were sitting In waiting for Jann to wake up.