Waking up

Authors note: This is the ending squeal to (Just another Crash)

Danny's POV: Jann had been doing well since his whole ordeal of Nick crashing into him, dying and then coming back. After two whole long weeks he finally was moved down from the ICU and into a normal ward. Still though he was unconscious. Me and Jack took it in turns. One of us slept while the other kept awake just in case Jann woke up.
It was my turn to stay awake, on the other side of me was Jack who was fast asleep holding tight onto Jann's right hand. "Come on Jann... your in there somewhere." I said to myself. When it was my turn to get some sleep I had to leave the hospital for a bit to go and attend meetings. It had been crazy. Nissan launched an investigation against Capa for allegedly trying to kill Jann. This was no accident. This was attempted murder. Everyone in the racing world knew that Nick HATED Jann. He would say the normal degrading stuff like he doesn't deserve to be here and he should just give up even though he has proved himself time after time that he deserves to be here and he is an amazing driver. But there was one time when Jann DNF and then Nick went up to him and said. "At least no one died. I hope you die soon."... Jack heard what Nick said and went over to him and started yelling at him while I tried to calm Jann down. He wasn't angry and he rarely did. More shocked. After the whole Nurburgring incident happened he had gone through a lot especially with his mental health. He didn't really sleep and when he did he got nightmares....

A gentle squeeze knocked me out of my thoughts.... I looked over to see Jann blinking and squinting....
"Jack..Jack!" I shook Jack awake and he rubbed his eyes. "What....." his voice full of sleep. I pointed over to Jann who was now rubbing his eyes.

Jann's POV:
Beeping was the first thing I heard..huh weird. But I shrugged it off.. I felt two warm hands holding mine. It was nice... I gave them a gentle reassuring squeeze. I blinked and rubbed my eyes my vision was still blurry but I could make out two figures which looked familiar so that was reassuring. I tried to sit up but I couldn't. "Shit." I whispered under my breath. It hurt. My whole body did. "Hey..hey you need to relax." I heard one of the figures say which sounded like Jack. My vision became more clearer and I finally realized that the two figures where Jack and Danny. "Hi..." My voice was croaky.
Suddenly I was brought into a gentle embrace from the two of them. "You fucking scared us there kid." Jack said as he pulled away. I laid there shocked. "Sorry. I promise I will be more careful next time." I quickly apologized.
"Was everyone okay? Did anyone die?" I asked and Jack quickly looked down so I turned to Danny who had tears in his eyes. Shit I did it again. Fucking stupid Jann. "Who was it? A speactor? Nick? Some other driver?" My rambling was cut short by Jack whispering. "You."
I was at a lost for words. How am I still here then if I died. Unless....
"Three times. Jann. I was so fucking scared for you kid. We both were." Jack said looking back at me again with tears running down his face which he quickly wiped them away.
More flashes of the crash came into my vision and I remembered the whole reason I got into a crash was because of Nick...
"Is nick okay?" I knew it was a stupid question to ask right now even though I didn't really like Nick a lot I still didn't want to see him hurt or dead.
"He got banned from racing. The board found out that he didn't do this on accident.." Danny said. Nick did really try and kill me? What a bitch.
A hand on my shoulder brung me back from my thoughts. "But right now all we care is that your okay kid." Jack said and I smiled.