Chapter 10: Hagrid's Hut

By the next week everyone had heard about Colin and people were on alert for anything fishy. Everyone had started to buy voodoo objects just to hope that the monster going around Hogwarts wouldn't get them next. Charlotte felt guilty for the way she treated Colin, she should have been nicer. Ginny suspected that their brothers would get expelled and she would mumble things inaudible for Charlotte to hear.

As she returned from the dungeons one cold afternoon she was met by the Hogwarts' groundkeeper, Hagrid. He cleared his voice, "Are you Charlotte?" His voice boomed, making his features appear fierce. Charlotte was a little frightened of the giant man, but she nodded. "Ah I can tell. Yeh look like yer mum, but o'course yeh got yer dad's looks too." He smiled. It was a warm smile, which made Charlotte fear him less.

"You knew my parents?" She asked.

"O' course I did! The best wizard n' witch I knew, they were

"O' course I did! The best wizard n' witch I knew, they were. Tell yeh what, why don' yeh come over ter my hut an' we can talk all abou' them, eh?" The more Hagrid spoke, the more Charlotte liked him. She nodded once more, and with Hagrid's beard twisted into a smile they went outside the castle, walking towards the grounds at the edge of the forrest.

Hagrid's hut was somewhat small to Charlotte's expectations. It was a one room house with meats hanging from the cupboards. the cabin had the scent of burning wood and Charlotte instantly fell in love with his boarhound, Fang, that greeted her with a friendly lick to the face. "Get off o' her, Fang!" Hagrid's voice bellowed through the room.

"Oh no, he's perfectly fine! I have always wanted a dog, but Remus would never allow it." Charlotte told him as she patted Fang's head.

"Remus? Remus Lupin?"

"Yes, sir."

"Huh, that makes sense." Hagrid said as he turned around with a boiling kettle. "Tea?"

Charlotte nodded and was handed a large cup overflowing with tea. "What were they like? My parents, that is."

"James 'n Lily were very brave, Charlotte, that's one thing yer ought ter know. Never met anyone as brave as them. Reminds me o' last year when I had ter tell Harry the same thing." He chuckled, taking a bite out of what he called a rock cake. Charlotte politely declined as she said that the smells in Snape's dungeon made her lose her appetite. "Heh, don't blame yeh."

"What do you mean you had to tell Harry? Harry didn't know?"

"Oh yes, His- I mean your- aunt 'n uncle never told him anythin'." He said, his eyes full of disgust.

"Anything?" She repeated.

"Nothin', didn't even know who he was." He gave the rest of his rock cake to Fang, who had drooled all over Hagrids leg. "Go ahead, take it yer filthy dog."

Their conversation continued until the birds stopped singing and were replaced by the sounds of crickets chirping. Charlotte had learned so much about her parents she couldn't wait to tell Harry, that is, if he didn't already know. Hagrid said they best be on their way to the feast, so she took one last gulp of tea and said goodbye to Fang. Hagrid locked his cabin door behind him and the two of them made their way back to the castle as the sun died away.