6.

Your dream was terrifying, a nightmare.

You were reliving your death over and over, the moment restarting before you could be saved, it played over and over in your mind. Sometimes things would change, the setting or how badly you were beaten, but it was all the same. You were continuously living through you last moments as a full human until you finally woke up, yelling and crying.

You realized it was still somewhat dark out and clasped a hand over your mouth to stifle your now sobs, curling your legs up to your chest. You kept your eyes open unless it was to blink, for each time you closed them, you saw it again. You felt as if you were still dreaming, everything felt hard to see and too quiet. Your eyes we're still tried and you desperately tried to stay awake, if you even were awake.

Your mind now raced to how it felt when you were dying, the reminder of the emptiness was no help to your current situation. You thought about your life you left behind, people weren't looking for you, no one even cared did they?

You couldn't get back to sleep, not right now anyways, but you didn't want to leave your room in fear of someone seeing you in tears. Your sobs felt like they echoed in the eerie silence of the church, the only sounds you heard were from your own room. That is, until you heard rushing footsteps come to a halt at your door. You gasped and scrambled to the floor, hiding behind your bed, what or who is that?

Your mind immediately flashed to your life before the church, you cried too loud and you would be punished for it. You just wanted attention is what you were told, and you took it to heart, trying to stop crying.

There was some frantic pacing outside your door until it opened softly, a much different entrance than you were expecting. You stayed put, quiet sobs muffled behind your hand.

"Fuck, I'm sorry," Dew said, staying out by the door and shutting it, "probably scared the shit out of you."

You remained hidden.

"I know you're in here, {Name}." He said, and came around to the other side of the bed to see you curled into a ball, your back pressed against the bed and sobbing. "What the fuck happened? I felt your pain." He looked concerned, but you just shook your head, "nuh-uh, you pried my head open tonight, so I get to do the same to yours, tell me." He knelt down in front of you, but kept his hands mostly to himself, as if he were scared to touch you for too long.

You tried to stop yourself from crying, putting your face in your hands and taking in shaky breaths. He pried your hands away from yourself, staring at you with worry. You hadn't heard him to be the compassionate type, so it confused you.

"Please," he said, "I want to know how I can help."

You let it all out, you told him about your nightmare, about how it wouldn't go away. He helped you to the edge of the bed, sitting down next to you and listening to your grievances about your past life, about how it felt to die, Dew looked as if someone had driven a stake through his heart as he watched you cry.

You finally cried as many tears as you could, your eyes were raw feeling and tired. Dew had gotten you some water from the sink, and moved to sitting at the desk in the room after you laid down, watching you carefully until you fell asleep.

You didn't sleep well, stirring at every small noise. Dew brought the chair over to the side of your bed, and held your hand, something he had decided he would only do when you fell asleep. Your hand subconsciously held onto his tight, and you slept a little better, but when you woke up, he was gone. The chair remained by your bedside, but there was no trace of Dew, was that all a dream?

It felt like one since you didn't figure him to be the type of person to do that, especially the way he immediately ran to your room. How would he have figured out you were crying? You're on opposite halls of the church. You remember having yelled when you woke up, but he shouldn't have been able to hear that from his room.