Part One

His face on the screen paused and blurred, hidden behind a message saying that the connection was poor. I waited for it to resolve with a small sadness that our call was getting cut even shorter than the small amount of time he said he had to talk before he arrived at the airport. I took a deep breath and exhaled in relief when his concerned face showed clearly on the screen again.

"Baby, are you okay?" Chris asked from inside his vehicle. There was some background noise cutting through that must have been some of the other guys talking to each other or on their phones as well.

I gave him a soft smile. "I'm just being thankful for you." I got a sweet smile from him back. "Are you almost to the airport?"

"Yeah. I've already been told that the crowd is pretty big so I'll need to go soon. I'm sorry."

I stretched on the sofa and turned from being on my side to lying on my back with my phone above me. Seeing his face looking down from over me made my heart swell. The longing for him to be there with me hit me so hard that I had to fight the tears from surfacing. Lowering the screen to my face, I kissed it.

"Never apologize for your job and for taking excellent care of yourself and your members. You're a good man, Chris."

There was a pause, and it was his turn to fight the tears. He sniffled and said, "I miss you. First chance I get, I'm sneaking away to see you."

I sat up with a start. "You won't get in trouble? You're so scheduled that I don't see how you could take time off."

He laughed lightly and there was a mischievous glint in his eye. "Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."

"Don't bend the rules or inconvenience anyone for me, Chris. Of course, I'd love to see you, but I understand why our relationship has to be like this."

His lips flattened into a line. He stared at me, not persuaded. "You're worth it." His eyes shifted to someone on the other side of his phone screen and he nodded. "I've got to go." It was his turn to kiss his phone screen. "I'll text you when I land, okay?"

I nodded, "Okay." I didn't hold back the emotion that filled and spilled over my eyes this time. "Until next time." I waved goodbye to him.

He waved back, obvious disappointment of having to hang up all over his face. "Until next time."

The call ended on his side first, and I sighed loudly. Dropping the phone to my chest, I stared at the ceiling and let the silence of the slow Saturday morning overtake me. It'd been a couple months since I'd been able to see him face to face, but the thing I missed more than just being near him was the specific way he would hold me after a hug. It was almost like he was trying to commit to memory the way I fit against him, the pressure of my body pressed to his, the rhythm of my breathing, the warm and calming energy that enveloped us both. It would be protective and sheltering, especially when he craned his head down and curved around me. The way he has been both strong and gentle with me. It's in those moments that I knew without a doubt that his heart is mine completely.

"And he has mine." I confessed into the room for the universe to hear and either use for me or against me as it wishes.

I spent a few more minutes replaying moments we shared, especially some of the early days of our relationship. I pulled the memories over myself like a blanket and closed my eyes, remaining in the world we shared together. Before too long, the comfort of who Chris is lulled me back to sleep.

Several hours later, I was washing the dishes I used for lunch. I had the tv on in the background with a YouTube playlist of SKZ interviews and Talkers just to fill my house with all their voices. I was humming to myself and dancing at the sink when I heard Felix say something on tv and then Chris' louder than usual laugh filled the living room. The sound echoed through my chest, and I took a deep breath to ward off the ache of missing him, hanging my head down and rinsing my hands in the running water. The sound from the living room stopped suddenly, catching my attention. I wiped my hands on the towel next to the sink and turned around to go investigate. My heart leapt out of my chest.

Chris leaned lazily against the entryway from the living room to the kitchen, remote control for my tv and my hidden spare key in hand and a backpack slung over his shoulder. "Well, hi." His flirtatious lilt filled the room as he set everything down on the nearest surface, followed by a happy giggle.

I couldn't even feel my feet move as I rushed him and jumped into his waiting open arms. I crashed into him with a grunt and wrapped my arms around his chest, measuring with how tightly I squeezed if he was corporeal or if I'd finally snapped from missing him and started hallucinating.

"Baby," he laughed into my hair, "I can't breathe."

"Fiiine, but I'm not letting go." I buried my face into his chest and lessened the strength of my hold on him. "How are you here? I thought you were flying to another event series."

"The second one cancelled yesterday and opened up the next few days for me. I've never booked a flight so quick in my life. I think I gave my staff whiplash... and made a few people angry." He swayed with me in his arms, more mischievous giggles littering the air.

The realization of his sneakiness hit me. I pulled away to look him in the face. "So where were you when you called earlier?"

"I flew into the closest regional airport. I'm supposed to be flying back to Seoul so it'll be quite a few hours before the public realizes I'm not with the kids." His smile was so triumphant and bright that it set butterflies off in my stomach.

"My man is so brilliant." I beamed back at him and he shook us both erratically with excitement. I let out a huge laugh at the eruption of his happiness.

With his arms still wrapped around me, he picked me up off the ground, spinning the both of us while he laughed and I squealed in surprise. Slowing down, he pressed a joyful kiss to my lips before setting me down on my feet and taking a moment to let his eyes roam across my face.

"Annyeong." He whispered between us.

"Hello." I could feel the high of the moment shifting to something more serious. I gazed into his jubilant eyes, unable to stop smiling back at him. "I can't believe you're here right now." My fingers were gathering the fabric of his t-shirt into my fists. "I'm so happy you're here."

He looked down at me through his lashes and drew his bottom lip between his teeth momentarily before smirking, "Not as much as I am."

In comfortable silence, we both looked into each other's eyes. Our hearts beat hard between us. He reached up and cupped the side of my face, brushing his thumb across the apple of my cheek. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"I've missed you so much."

I could feel the tears welling in my eyes, hearing those words from him as he stood right in front of me, touching me. "You're here now, though. We can do whatever you want for the time that we have." A tear collided with his thumb. "However long that is."

A bittersweet smile graced his lips then faded as he leaned forward and brushed them lightly against mine, requesting permission to continue. His other hand rose to cup the other side of my face, framing it within his gentle palms. I kissed him back, pressing myself into him, and he responded in kind. The tip of his tongue found mine and courted it with sweet caresses. I gripped his shirt tighter in my fists, fighting a war of restraint, knowing he was doing the same while caringly taking his time to enjoy this moment with me.

Just us. He and I. We alone existed right then.

A happy sob left my lips and I pulled slightly away from him, peering at him in awe through tear-blanketed eyes. He narrowed his own back at me in mild concern. I shook my head lightly.