Chapter 10

At the Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack and Rainbow Dash are playing horseshoe games while Terry and Harold watch them at the side. Rainbow threw the horseshoe on the sandbox which is near the stake.

"Whoo-hoo!"

"Hoo-wee!

"Nice throw, Rainbow!"

"Not a bad pitch for a pony who works with her head in the clouds," Terry comments. "Think you can do better, cowgirl?" Rainbow asked smugly.

"I know I can," Applejack said confidently as she threw another horseshoe but, only the horseshoe didn't reach the stakes. "Okay, that's embarrassing," Harold said until Terry smack his best friend's head.

"Oh, for Pete's sake!" Applejack grumbles in disappointment. "Come on, A.J. You still got it," Terry cheered her up. "Heh! Looks like this Pegasus can pitch better than the workhouse," Rainbow proudly said while playfully hitting Applejack's hat. "Need to remind you, Rainbow but, who do you think do all the work inside the workhouse," Harold reminded her while flexing his eyebrow.

"Oh right, sorry," Rainbow sheepishly smiled.

"The object of the game is to get the closest to the stake," Terry told her as he pointed. "Seems like you have played this before," Applejack looked at him with a smug face. "About that, our old childhood best friend show us how to do it," Terry said sadly while kicking the small stone while Harold just stay quiet.

"Uh, sorry about that," Applejack quickly apologized, feeling so guilty to bring that up until she saw Rainbow smirk which makes her sigh, "All right, all right. You got another throw there, pony girl," Applejack put the horseshoe on Rainbow's muzzle.

Harold saw it and chuckled at how cute Rainbow is. Rainbow saw Harold smiling at her, making her feel blushed as Applejack leaned at her ear, "Might wanna make Harold proud, lover girl," she whispered. Rainbow rolled her eyes as she nudged Applejack while Applejack chuckle.

Rainbow grunted as she threw the horseshoe but only to be far away. "It's out!" Terry announced as he yelped when Harold whacked his head as he turned at Rainbow, "That's okay, Rainbow!"

"Wow, Rainbow. You couldn't hit a barn door with that kind of a throw," Applejack sarcasm. "Yeah, yeah. I still have the closest throw, Applesmack. Just try and beat it," Rainbow smugly. Harold face-hoof, didn't expect he could hear like that again from Rainbow Dash.

"I already told her not to do that," he muttered. "Probably she ignored it. But, seems like Applejack won," Terry told him as Harold looked and saw the horseshoe was finally at stake. Harold jaw-dropped while Terry clapped his hoof, feeling so proud at his female best friend.

"Yee-haw! It's a ringer. That's how you do it down here on the farm," Applejack explains. "Haha, that's my best friend!" Terry cheered until he notice Harold mouth still opened as he simply close it in case some flies went inside of his mouth.

"I lost," Rainbow gasped.

"Don't feel bad, Rainbow. It's all in good fun," Applejack told her but, that doesn't make Rainbow feel happy about it. "I hate losing," she grumbles as the boys walk toward them. "At least you have fun, right?" Harold reminded her.

"Well, kind of."

"Besides, you're a mighty good athlete. I'm just better," Applejack chuckles as she walks away along with Terry. Rainbow frowned and flew toward the two with Harold following behind while flying too.

"All right, Applejack."

"Rainbow, try not to-"

"You think you're the top athlete in all of Ponyville?" Rainbow asked while Harold groan, literally expecting she become like that. "Well, I was gonna say in all of Equestria but that might be glidin' the lily," Applejack said as she use her tail to swipe Rainbow's face and continue to walk away.