Part 4. Love, Mama

I was sitting in the graveyard. On my mothers grave. Her name written on the cold stone. Coraline Walker.

She was my best friend. I never spoke about her tho. Mostly 'cause I didn't have anyone to talk about her with. I did speak about her when I was high with Damon sometimes but it's different since he didn't know her.

Damon is a 22 year old guy who lives in the basement of an apartment building. He was the guy I fucked for drugs. He was cool most of the time tho. When he wasn't a perv.

I came to the graveyard sometimes to talk to her. I felt her presence. I read there sometimes. To escape reality. And sometimes I slept there too, when I couldn't sleep at home.

It had been two weeks since I talked to Kid Danger. I had been sleeping at Damons house for those two weeks and sometimes outside. I hadn't stopped thinking about Kid Danger since that night.

I know I'm just another helpless kid to him and his job is to save me, but he doesn't walk around telling his inner thoughts about his job to strangers, right?

Just as I finished planting a new flower on my mother's grave I heard chattering behind me. I turned around. There was a guy. He was walking on the little path that was crossing over the graveyard while he was speaking with someone on his phone.

He looked familiar. Then I recognized him. It was the guy that I bumped into at the gas station. But he looked familiar in some other way too. I couldn't place from where.

I turned back to my mother. When I was little I used to wake her up in the morning by sitting on top of her. It was weird thinking I was sitting in the same way now, just 6 feet apart from each other.

I put my headphones on, putting on Sweet by Cigarettes after sex and turning the volume up. Then I got up, leaving my mother behind.

I walked back home. But I didn't walk in. I went past my house and into the forest. I walked till I reached the lake that I went to when I wanted to be alone.

I sat down on a bench by a willow tree from the opposite side of the pier. Reaching down in my backpack I pulled out a piece of paper. It was the only thing I had left of my mother. A stupid piece of paper.

I had read it so many times I had lost count. I read it over and over again, in my mother's voice. It was still echoing in my head. I almost knew the words by heart by now.

Dear Alex
I am so so sorry to be leaving you behind. But as you get older, you will realize that it's for the better. I was young when I got you, Alex. And you saved me, you saved my life. You brought me joy when I needed it the most. You always have. But I won't bring you joy. I won't make your like miserable just because I can't deal with life anymore. You will always be my baby. And I know that you're strong. You could never disappoint me. Please remember that. You can get through anything. But don't be scared to ask for help. I'm so sorry, Alex. I love you and you will always be my little girl.
                                                           Love, Mama

I wish she gave more of an explanation. I wish I knew her story. And the only one to tell it was gone.

I folded the paper again and putting it back in my backpack. I didn't feel sad anymore. I just missed her. I missed my mom.

In french you don't say "I miss you." You say "tu me manqués" which means "you are missing from me"
I love that. Not because I know french, but my mom told me that. She had learned it from the back of a cereal box.

It was starting to get dark by now. I decided to go back to Swellview mountain. I liked the view from there.

                                       ⁂

I sat down by the edge and lit a cigarette and opened a can of beer. It was completely dark by now and the lights of the town lit up like lanterns in the sky.

I was listening to Each Time You Fall In Love by cigarettes after sex now. It was warm for being this time of year and nighttime.

Soon I finished my cigarette and I decided to lit up a joint. It probably wasn't the best idea to get high on the edge of a cliff but seriously who cares at this point.

Then I heard a familiar voice behind me. "You know that's illegal right?" Kid Danger said as he walked up to me and sat next to me on the edge of Swellview Mountain.

A/N: I know this also is really short but I seriously just needed to update lmao😭😭 Also please let me know if you like this story so far and give me some feedback<33