Part 8 - A girl named Charlotte

I was sitting on the sidewalk outside of a gas station close to junk n stuff. It was 8AM and my first day of work.

I had been sleeping at Henry's that night since my room in the man cave wasn't ready yet.

My first day started in 30 minutes and I was early since Henry had gotten an emergency call that morning.

I now sat outside of the gas station closest to junk n stuff, smoking a cigarette and having a diet coke with vodka in it.

I had flirted with the 50 year old guy standing in checkout so that he would let me buy it.

Suddenly I felt a figure walking towards me from the side. I look to my right to see a tall, dark skinned girl with box braids.

I would definitely get with her if I wasn't with Henry.
She wore jeans shorts with a white tank top and a flannel shirt over it and with that a couple of necklaces and lots of rings.

She walked right pasted me and into the gas station. After about five minutes she walked past me again and headed the same direction she came from.

As I finished my second cigarette I looked at the time on my phone. I started in five minutes so I started walking towards junk n stuff.

There was a guy at the front desk. He was a tall white dude with light brown hair that was divided into a side part.
He was wearing a purple hoodie with dark blue jeans.

I walked up to him as I looked up from his phone.
"Hey uh, I'm supposed to work here" I said
"We don't hire" he said and looked back at his phone.

"Captain Man hired me, Alex Hawkins" I assured him. He looked up as soon as I said Captain Man.

"Ohhhh, you're Henry's girlfriend!" He yelled slowly, putting down his phone and pointing at me while standing up.

"That's me" I said and smiled awkwardly.
He told me to follow him so I did.

He took me the same way Henry did.
When he pressed the button the elevator started going down just as fast as the day before.

They seriously needed to fix that.

When the doors opened there where two more people in the room.
One short man with no hair on top on his head but on the sides. The other girl immediately caught my eyes.

It was the girl from the gas station. She was sitting on a chair by the big computers, tapping on some buttons.
She immediately turned around when we walked into the room.

"Jaspur, wut have we said about bringing strangers doun here?" The little man said. "Nov ve must eraise her memori"

My heart skipped a beat. "What?" I said panicked.

"No Schwoz, she works here now" replied the guy with the side part whose name seemed to be Jasper.

The little man walked up to me. "Oh! Yu must be Alez" he said with a weird accent, shaking my hand.

"Alex" I corrected politely
"Aleczzz" he tried again, tilting his head downwards.
"Sure" I quickly said, nodding my head.

The girl from the gas station stood up from her chair and walked up to me.
"Charlotte" she said, shaking my hand.
"Alex" I replied, shaking hers.

"Hey, weren't you sitting outside of the gas station earlier?" She asked. I didn't want her first impression of me being a junkie so I lied.
"No, that must've been someone else"

"This is Schwoz and Jasper" she said, pointing at the guys. I nodded in response.
"Let me show you to your room" she said, grabbing my shoulders and leading me away from the two madmen who stood, smiling brightly at me.

The place seemed like a labyrinth.

There were secret door's everywhere and I could never tell if we were going to walk through the real door or the wall next to it.

In the end we ended up reaching a normal wooden door with a sign that said "Alex" on it.
I was too happy to have a normal door and not one of those Star-wars looking ones.

Charlotte opened the door. Inside was a large empty room with a bed in the corner.

It was boring but not on the streets so it worked for me.

"It might look boring now but you can decorate it however you want and if you want I can help you design it" Charlotte turned to me with a smile.

I felt like an intruder.

"No it's fine, I don't have any money anyways"

Charlotte looked at me like she understood exactly what I meant. "You don't have to pay for anything, look at this place! They're stupid rich" she smiled, but she still didn't convince me.

Charlotte walked up to me and led me away again. "Come on, let me show you my room" she said.

Her room was only a couple of doors away from mine. She had a baby blue door with purple letters on it forming the name Charlotte.

She opened it.

Inside was a large room with a purple rug-floor thingy and the same kind of blue walls were blue but a darker one than her door. There were led lights all over and a king sized bed stood on a kind of platform.

The room looked kind of like an arcade with no games except one packman arcade that stood next to a large tv.

"Holy fuck" I said in amazement, looking over at Charlotte.

"I still live with my parents and still get this" said Charlotte, sitting down in a large beanbag in the middle of it.
"Imagine getting high in this place" I said to myself, still in amazement.
"Fuck yeah, I do it all the time" Charlotte answered. I had kind of forgotten she could hear me.

I looked at her.

"Wanna get high?" She asked after a moment, grinning.

I nodded.

A/N; okay I know this is short again but I feel like I just needed to write something😭😭 Anyways sorry I haven't written in a while but I have had a lot of shit going on and I also started another story:))