Part 7 - His boss

It had been three days since Henry showed his true self. It had also been three days since I slept inside.

I had been sleeping on the bench by the Swellview sign for these three days since Damon had some druggie sleeping at his house that he said was a creep and didn't want near me.

Looking at the fact that he was a 22 year old hooking up with a 15 year old and then giving her drugs makes me think that he can't be that much of a freak.

I was now sitting on a bus station texting Henry. It was 2 AM.

Henry told me that he had told his boss about me knowing who he was and that he wanted me to come over for a "chat".

I was thinking Captain Man would either kill me or threaten me to now tell anyone about Henrys identity. I wouldn't actually mind if he killed me but I wouldn't tell anyone either way.

He wanted me to come over at 6 AM in the morning which I thought was way to early but looking at the fact that I was sleeping on a literal bench it didn't seem that bad.

Henry was going to a gas station to get a bag of chips and a midnight snack. Just as he had to stop talking since he had to go I saw someone approaching the bus stop in the corner of my eye.

I looked up to see a middle aged, white man who looked like the type to sit by playgrounds and look at little kids.

He could barely stand up straight so I assumed he was either drunk or had some sort of condition.

"Haye there sweetheart" he said loudly with a kind of British accent. He was definitely drunk.

I got grossed out and stood up to leave and as I was walking right past him he sniffed me in a way that was less innocent than his looks.

I tried to ignore him and kept walking from the bus station.

"Aye where you goin'?" He yelled after me. The way he rolled his r's made him sound like that one pirate from SpongeBob.

I looked back to see if he was following me or if he gave up. He was following me.

I started walking faster, hoping he was too drunk and would fall and not be able get up or something. 

He started walking faster too so I started jogging a little. He was too fast and I started to panic.

Just as I looked back to see he was close for the 10th time I ran into something.

I looked up to see Henry's brown eyes look down at me with a soft smile.

"What are you doing here, honey?" He asked kindly.

Honey.

I looked back once again to see that the man was gone. My eyes started tearing up as I felt the relief wash over me.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" He asked, cupping my face in his hands and wiping my tears away. "There was this guy" I started, still crying.

"He followed me" I continued, sniffing. It was all I could get out before bursting into more tears and wrapping my arms around him.

He wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed my head. "Shhh, it's okay now, I'm here" he whispered.

                                       ⁂

I was sitting in the passenger seat of the car. This time it wasn't Captain Man's car, but a Ford Fusion sedan.

He was sitting in the driver's seat with his head out the window, ordering from McDonald's.