Part 5 - High

I didn't even have to look at him to know that it was him. I recognized the voice.

"Only if I get caught" I answered him, repeating my life motto. Not to mention I already had been caught.

"Well, you have now" He said looking at me, smiling. I didn't look at him. I couldn't meet his gaze.

I exhale the poisonous smoke before handing him the joint. He took it. I must admit I was a little surprised. Didn't he have duties?

I looked at him with a grin as he inhaled. "Well that's not very superhero-like of you" I laughed. He did too.

                                         ⁂

We were now laying on a football field outside Swellview high. We were laying next to each other.

"Isn't it crazy how we're high outside of Swellview high?" He laughs. I burst out laughing. It wasn't funny, really.

Suddenly he went quiet. So did I. I kept looking up at the sky, but he was looking at me.

"You're really beautiful, you know that?" He said. I felt butterflies in my stomach. On the outside J was quite and calm, but on the inside I was screaming.

"No, I'm not" I said. I didn't like how I looked. I look exactly like my mom, except that she was the more beautiful version. Plus my father had always made me hate that I look like my mom.

"You are, you're the most beautiful person I've ever seen" he said. I looked at him. "You don't even know me" I said coldly.

"I want to, though"

He wants to know me.

"I want to know you too" I replied.
We were looking into each other's eyes. It felt like it was just us in the world, no one else. Sparks were flying around us.

Suddenly he reached forward and closed the space between us. Our lips met. I didn't want them to part, ever.

He pulled away. "I'm sorry" he apologized. I didn't sag anything. Instead I took his hand in my hands, pulled him close to me and once again closed the gap between us.

He kissed me back.

"Who are you?" I asked as I pulled away again. He smiled. "Just a guy" he replied. I liked that.

I laughed before he kissed me again.

I kissed back.

                                         ⁂

We were now sitting on a bench a little farther from the edge. Our high was starting to fade. We were talking. Not about anything specific, just talking.

"Do you really think I'm pretty?" I asked after I stopped laughing about something. He looked into my eyes. "I think you're the most beautiful girl in the world" he answered.

I laughed as I put my head on his shoulder. I really wanted to know him more. I wanted to know who he was.

"What's your name?" I asked after a moment of silence. "Kid Danger" he replied. "I meant your real name" I sat up again.

He looked at me, and I looked back.

"Henry" He said.

I smiled. Henry. I liked that.

Henry
Henry
Henry
Henry

It wandered in my mind. I wanted to scream it. I put my head back on his shoulder. "I like that" I said.

A/N; Ik this is short again but seriously who cares at this point lmao