Part 6 - The real him

It had been two days since I learned his name. Henry.

I never wanted it to leave my brain. It never did. He had a name.

It made me smile thinking about. He was someone. Someone other than Kid Danger. He was just like any other teenager in Swellview.

I was laying in Damons sofa, smoking a cigarette. He was at work and I was alone in his place.

I was thinking about his life. Did he go to school? Did he have any siblings? Was his parents together or divorced?

He never left my mind. I liked it that way.

I needed to find out more about him. It would be nice to know who I was kissing.

My mind snapped back as I heard the doorbell ring.

I got up and walked towards the door, not bothering to put my cigarette out.

When I opened the door I saw a tall guy in front of me. I immediately recognized his red and blue childish suit and the mask covering his eyes. Kid Danger. Henry.

"How- what are you doing here?" I asked in confusion. "I need to talk to you" he replied with a soft smile. "Come inside" I said stepping aside.

"Not here" he said, not moving. I asked where.
"You'll see"

I went to grab my backpack before following him out the door and into the car. It was pretty obvious that he had borrowed the car from Captain Man.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked as I put my seatbelt on. "I'm a superhero, I tracked you down" he replied starting the car.

"Sidekick" I corrected. He laughed at this. I felt happy knowing I made him laugh.

As he drove we were talking about everything. We laughed until I was scared that he was going to run off the road.

I didn't know where he was taking me. Maybe he was taking me to a prison for all the illegal shit he had caught me do.

"So where do you go to school?" I asked after he had finished a five minute presentation on why I should be going to school.

"Swellview high, like everyone else in this shithole" he said.

"Should you really be calling the town you are giving up all your time on saving a shithole?"

"To be honest I don't really like it that much" he confessed. I wasn't surprised. "Me neither" I answered. "I'm actually thinking of running away" I continued, looking out the window.

"Not without me you're not" he laughed, trying to keep his eyes on the road. I looked at him and smiled. Did this mean he wanted to run away with me?

Just then he stopped the car. We were in the middle of the woods on a small path. "You took me here to kill me or what?" I joked as I stepped out of the car.

"Of course I did what did you think?" He joked back. We had the same humor. I liked that a lot.

I looked at him as he stepped onto an even smaller path into the deeper woods. He looked so stupid in that suit.

"You coming?" He yelled. I ran up to him.

We followed the bath until we couldn't see the car anymore. This was definitely some serial killer shit going on.

The bath led to a lake. A lake with a waterfall. The lake was small. Smaller than the one at home. It was beautiful.

Next to the lake with the waterfall there was this huge concrete paver with a bench by the river.

He took my hand as he led me towards the bench. It felt like he was going to propose or something. "Sit" he said gesturing to the bench.

I sat down, he sat next to me.

"The reason I brought you out here" he started. I could feel my heart racing. "Is to show you who I am" he said. My heart was beating even faster.

He suddenly stood up and faced me. I didn't know what to say.

He took out this jar thing of gum and took one out and put it in his mouth. I was so confused.

After a moment he started to blow a bubble. I had no idea what to expect. What was he doing?

Right when the bubble popped a flash of green light covered his body. And suddenly it wasn't kid danger standing in front of me. It was Henry.

It was the guy from the gas station and the graveyard.

I stood up. "You're the guy I bumped into at the gas station" I said quietly. He laughed at this. It was probably not the reaction he expected. He nodded.

He wore a blue flannel shirt with a pair of blue jeans. His hair was kind of brushed to the side but in a messy way. It was basic but beautiful.

I looked into his eyes. He looked into mine. I wanted to kiss him. So I did. And he kissed back.

When we pulled apart he wrapped his arms around me and looked down at me. I did the same.

In this moment I knew I wanted to live the rest of my life with him. And I knew that I wasn't completely alone in this hell of a world.

A/N; okay so I was drunk when I wrote half of this so please excuse that