Gamer

Enjoy

*~*~*~*

"Cmon Max!" Kim shouts. "Go Adrien!" I shout, "What's going on, Alya?" Marinette asks entering the room. "Try-outs for the Paris Ultimate Mecha Strike III Tournament! This school sends the two students with the highest scores!" Rose tells her. "Yeah, I'm going next to whoever wins." I tell her squealing.

"Actually, the tryouts offer a partner to team up with Max in the Tournament." Kim corrects Rose. "Why Max?" "'Cause he's unbeatable! He's a total rocksord! He's got the highest APM over anyone!" "APM?" Marinette asks, "Actions per minute? This tournament is his whole life! He's been grinding all year to level up." Kim tells us.

I turn to the tv and see Adrien's robot defeating Max's robot. "Adrien is now in the lead." Ms. Bustier tells the class. "Max what happened?" Kim asks Max. "Hmm. Awesome job. We're gonna make a killer combo." Max says to Adrien. "Hey, I have to beat him first." I tell him. "Is that a threat L/n?" Adrien says. I take the controller from Max. "Don't know." I shrug.

"The rules are elementary, You battle each other's robots with your own and..." "Please... Every time you win, you loot its items and gain XP, which upgrades your mech. I'm not a new, thank you very much." I tell him. I think about the times when me, Marinette, and her dad were playing. "Ah, sounds like you have a sufficient amount of knowledge. Let's see if it's enough to beat Adrien." Max says. "I probably won't, Marinette's really good she should go after me." I tell them.

I turn to the screen and chose the wolf robot and Adrien chooses the black cat one. "Ready? Fight!" The screen says.

Me and Adrien start to fight. I was about to defeat Adrien but he beat me instead. I drop my controller. "Yeah I'd rather play against Tom." I tell Marinette. "Well, I think we have our two champions lined up for the Paris tournament." Mr. Damocles says. "Wait! Uh, Is it too late...to try out?" Marinette asks. "Well, the library is closing up in five minutes, but..." Mr. Damocles says. I hand my controller to Max and Adrien hands it to Marinette.

"I really thought I was going to win that one." I tell Adrien walking over to Alya. "We'll you didn't." Adrien says. I hit his arm and he just rubs it. "Shut up." I tell him and stand next to Alya. Adrien stands next to me with his hands on his hips. "You look like you're interrogating your kids." I whisper to him. "If I ever do have kids I'd be with you." Adrien whispers back. "What?" I ask. "N-nothing." he says and turns to the game. "...and now, quarter circle plus heavy kick, and Flying Hyper Storm! Triple hit combo, Marinette style! Booyah!" Marientte stands up and celebrates.

" I accept this defeat. I relinquish my position at the tournament. Congratulations, Marinette. And Adrien." Max puts his head down. I look up at Adrien who looks down at me. We walk to Max "Max wait!" Adrien rush after Max. "Look. I'm fine, I lost fair and square. But if you don't mind, I'd like a little solitude." Max says. Adrien stops and I stand next to him. We look at each other again knowing he isn't fine.

"So, Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste will represent Françoise Dupont High School at the Paris Ultimate Mecha Strike III Tournament. Good luck to both of you." Mr. Damocles tells the class. "Well, I guess I'll be coming over to practice. With my new partner. See you later." Adrien waves bye and leaves the library. I follow after him. "Jeez that was intense." I tell him. "Yeah it really was. Do you want to go over to her house in 15 minutes?" he asks me opening the car door for me. "Sure." I getting in and him sitting next to me.

We arrive at the mansion and walk inside. "Hello Ms. Natalie." I hug her. "How are you doing Y/n?" Natalie asks. "I'm good, how are you?" I ask her. She sighs. "I'm wonderful thanks for asking." she smiles and I walk away.

"You're such a suck up." Adrien plays. I scoff. "Moi? No, I just love Natalie." I tell him. I sit on his bed. "Your room is so boring. How do you sit here all day?" I ask him. "I don't know, I guess I'm just used to it." he shrugs. I lay down on his bed. "We'll ima take a nap." I say. I close my eyes and drift to sleep.