XXiii| Kill for me

Italics: Finnish

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Grenade

"Yes, I would die for you, baby. 

But you won't do the same"

Anneli Raikonnon was a believer in hard work and she didn't believe in luck

Anneli Raikonnon was a believer in hard work and she didn't believe in luck. She believed in understandable mistakes and small errors, all the way to a fluke or fortunate result but luck? Luck was a way of avoiding admittance to error or avoiding taking credit.

"I was lucky, that's why I won." or "It was just unlucky that the tyres did not last long enough."

No. Anneli just believed that you should be prepared for the unprepared and if you weren't, admit in. She knew people thought her harsh for it but it was the reason Anneli owned up to her mistakes and the reason people liked working with her despite her blunt nature. She never blamed anyone else and she always let people know they were doing a good job.

Wishing for luck brought unhappiness and Anneli didn't need that in her life.

It was not 'lucky' that Max Verstappen had chosen Anneli to like. It was simply a fact and Anneli hadn't worked out what she had done to cause it.

She wasn't interesting or fun; she wasn't even creative or exciting. Not to her...she was just Anneli; the most exciting thing about her was her father.

Max didn't think so.

Perhaps that's why he invited her to fly with him to Jeddah. Not only that, he wanted her to go to Paul Ricard Circuit with him to wish one of the Verstappen.Com Junior racers good luck.

She wasn't sure why she said yes.

That was a lie.

She said yes because she felt something was pulling her to say so. Felipe encouraged Anneli to try to make friends and Jack said Max was a good person. After all, Jack was friends with Mick and Mick trusted Max.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Anneli said in Finnish, glaring at her dad.

They were standing by the two places waiting for them. Max was stood by one and Antoine by the other. Anneli didn't take private planes when she travelled to races without her dad so it was odd.

"Max Verstappen..." Kimi began."It's odd."

"Do you care?"

"Not really," Kimi shrugged. "It's just...odd. I want to make sure you are safe."

"I am," Anneli assured. "So, I will see you in April after Australia. Bye dad."

"Bye Anneli, I love you," Kimi smiled.