[1.1] Y/N

"I can't do this..." I was so exhausted from working a double and then coming home to cook and clean up in the apartment. It's after midnight, and I'd awoken to the thumping bass of music and loud voices from the apartment above me. The weight of tiredness on my soul was so heavy and I began to cry with the effort of getting up out of bed to attempt to go downstairs.

I shuffled around, grabbing my robe off the chair next to my bed and slipping my feet into the worn-out slippers under it. I trudged across the hallway and peeked my head in to see Yu-Jin still sound asleep. Good. The last thing I needed was for him not to sleep and it be a fight to get him up and off to school on time.

A sharp rise in noise from the floor above me made my ravaged emotions swell and pour over the barrier of my eyelids again. I would not be able to sleep through this like my son, so I quietly closed his bedroom door and headed toward the apartment door, wrapping my robe around my waist and bare legs tighter. I didn't even bother to change out of the slippers at the door, and I proceeded to the elevator in the hallway. I selected the level above mine and stepped out on to the hallway floor once the elevator arrived. Knowing what number I was, I walked to the door of the corresponding number on that floor. I could hear elevated voices inside, but the music had been turned way down. I rang the doorbell and waited.

One voice was nearing the door, talking steadily, and I heard locks clicking open before the door swung wide to reveal a broad, muscular young man with dark hair and features that were slightly obscured by thick, loose curls across his forehead. He was holding his phone to his ear and glaring down at me with fiery annoyance. Gruffly, he spoke into the receiver while staring me directly in the eyes, "Yes, I understand what a noise complaint is and I have received it clearly. The music has been lowered and I'll keep the voices down." With that, he disconnected the call, gave me a curt nod, and slammed the door in my face.

I was absolutely disgusted.