[1.4] Seo Changbin

I let out an indelicate grunt and rolled my eyes when I closed the door of the company car and sat back into the cushion. That woman, regardless of how hot she just looked in that button-up, tapered skirt that hugged her hips, and those heels, was going to be a pain in my ass. I could just tell. I needed to find out where in the complex she lived so I could steer clear of it.

I stayed silent the rest of the car ride, appreciating the calm before reaching the company and being bombarded by people and noise. I needed to get my head ready for whatever was on the schedule for today, especially the meetings 3RACHA were expected to be in. Those took up a lot of mental space. Working as a team, I was seeing new strengths being honed in Chan, Han, and myself with all the new projects being proposed to us weekly. We'd made a name for ourselves, but we were far from reaching our goals and from learning it all. We... I... needed to stay humble. Pride would only get in the way.

The day passed quickly. From the moment I set my foot onto JYP's property, it was non-stop until close to 6:00 p.m. I was done with my part of the meetings for today and I wasn't needed for the rest of the evening. It felt good to accomplish everything we did today, and. I wanted to go home, order some food, and relax. The weather was already stormy and I just wanted to stay inside for the rest of the night.

The same car that picked me up this morning dropped me off on the corner of the block in front of my building. An umbrella had been provided for me since it was pouring rain, so I didn't have to worry about the walk from the corner to the building entrance.

As I approached the front of the building, I heard footsteps running and I saw the short figure out of the corner of my eye before it crashed into me. It was a schoolkid with his head down and a backpack slung across his shoulder, both absolutely soaking wet. My arm reached out to stop him from crashing into me, and I hollered out in surprise. His small face and large eyes shot up to me with a look of distress. That's when I saw the bruise on the side of his eyes, which were red from crying, and the blood and tear on his split bottom lip.

"Ya, are you okay, kid? What's wrong?" I covered us both with my umbrella and proceeded to scan the area to see if whoever he was running from was still chasing him.

He tried to shake my arm off his shoulder, but I held it firmly, stopping down to look him directly in the face. My heart was suddenly pounding. "Who did this to you? Are you okay?"

The boy's lip quivered and fresh tears spilled onto his cheeks before he lunged forward and wrapped his arms around my neck in a hug. Squeezing my neck tightly, he cried into my shirt. I was stunned by his action, but instinctively I brought my free hand up to pat the back of his head gently.

"Hey, it's okay. I won't let anybody hurt you. Do you live here?" I asked and I felt him nod into my chest. "Okay, let's get inside out of the rain and I'll get you to your parents."

The boy pulled away and wiped his face. "No one's home. Mom's working late today and I was supposed to get picked up at school. But they didn't show."

I stood up. "Who didn't show?"

The boy looked down at his soaked shoes. "My dad."

Oh shit.