Chapter 8: The Tulkun

"Jake!" We yelled. "What happened?" He said grabbing kiri. "She was connected to the spirit tree, and then she just started seizing. We dont know what caused it." I said. "Oh, kiri." Neytiri said. Jake then took her to there hut. I followed them. He set her down, and began to contact someone. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Getting norm." He said. I stood there. "Have they take trackers out of the gun ships?" I asked. "Yes, we did." He said. I nodded. And walked away.

"Hes gonna get norm here. Whatever it is, they have the tech for it." I said. "But, wouldnt that draw.." Zelda said. "I hope to god not. Let's hope that the cards are played right." I said. Neteyum and tuk got there. "Where's kiri?" They asked. "In your hut."

A little while later, we saw an osprey heading this way. Jake guided it down, as it landed. Me and Zelda were keeping the people back.

A while later, kiri was awake. Ronal was able to wake her with religious ways. Me and Zelda went to the other side of the beach. We sat down and the creatures came and sat next to us. "Ok. How about, Steve?" Zelda asked. "Do you guys want new names?" I asked. The creatures looked at us. Then they looked at each other. "Do you guys know what happened? What we saw?" Zelda asked. Then they each nodded. "How?" I asked. The place where the nub was extended and a Hairlou end came out. Me and Zelda were shocked. "You guys could hide them?" She asked. And they nodded. I took my braid and connected it.

I could feel the pain of being tested on. Being forced to train. But one thing shook out. The feeling of being watched. Then, i realized. That our aunt was the Doctors partner that helped him with making these creatures. And my aunt was super spiritual.
Then it came clear. My aunt went into the room with them and held them close. Then saying "help these creatures. Help them be free. Tanjiro, Nezuko." She said.

Then it clicked. Our ancestors where here all along. They've been here. They saw us come here and saw an opportunity. They've been here watching them. And everything form them finding us. They led the way that was to the Valkyrie. They, where here. My guess, is that my aunt asked for there help with us too.

We broke the bond. The animals looked at us. "Ok. Let's make them proud." I said. "New names?" Zelda asked. "Hmm, lets go with.... Keicko, and Jesse." I said. "Oh, free willy-ing it up i see." Zelda see. "Sumi, is now Jesse. And Uta is now Keicko. Sound good?" I asked. Then they began to lick our faces. "You like those names more?" I asked. They made a happy noise and rubbed against us.

That night. Jesse and Keicko huddled together on the beach. Zelda was passed out laying next to Keicko. And Jesse was sound asleep. I looked up at the night sky. I sighed. "Fuck it." I said and grabbed the watch. I hesitated. But i turned on the Valkyrie. I set the AI pilot on, and gave it a place to land. A plateau up one of the mountains on the islands. I checked the readings of the Valkyrie.

The Valkyrie began to ascend into hover mode. Then it turned and began to make its away to the island.

I made its altitude higher, hoping that it will go unnoticed by the village when it gets closer. "What are you doing?" I heard Zelda. "Im bringing the Valkyrie to the island. We'll be able to fly up and really start to make changes. To make a new." I said. She sat up. "Just make sure that it doesn't scare the people." She said. "I am. But they seemed ok with norm coming." I said. She laid back down and fell back to sleep.

A little bit later, i could see the Valkyrie high up with its wing lights. It got close to the plateau, and got itself ready to land. When it landed. I made sure everything wad good and turned it off. I rolled over and fell asleep.

The next morning. Me and Zelda went to check on kiri. "Hey kiri, how are you feeling?" Zelda asked. She looked up at us. "Im fine." She said sounding frustrated. Jake and the kids were rolling up there sleeping mats. Then a horn sounded. "What it that?" I asked looking. All of the Metkyina people where jumping in the water. Tsireya was riding an Ilu and shouting "The Tulkun have returned!" Tulkun?