Chapter 2

It was a warm November morning. I'm technically not 14 for 2 weeks. I'm one of the youngest in my class and I don't like saying I'm still 13, my birthday is in only 2 weeks anyway. As a result, I'm one of the last in my class to start this process, there are only 2 others later than me, 1 in a couple of days.

After we ordered and sat down Mum asked, "How did it go?"

"It went well, kind of what I thought it would."

"That's great honey. So, have you decided to be my daughter?"

"Kind of. I'm still not sure. How did you know you wanted to be a woman?"

"That's a question. I kind of always felt I was more like my mum and nana than I was my dad. Your uncle is a few years older than me, he started before me and I realised I was nothing like him, even before puberty. Does that help you, honey?"

"Yes, thanks mum," I smiled at her. "Is being a woman good?"

"I'm not going to say it's perfect. Some guys have a superior attitude to women, but not many. Some of the bodily functions can be annoying, but your dad and my brother have complained about some of their functions too," she giggled at that, and I did along with her. "There are a lot of good things. I love making myself look pretty, I love feeling the range and depth of emotions I have, giving birth to you and your little sibling is something I will always treasure despite the pain, and my parts are way more fun than your father's," she finished with a cheeky grin on her face.

"Mum!" I said with a smile, "That's gross."

"It's ok honey, it's just us girls talking," she smiled at me. "That is if that's what you want?"

"I think it is. Arthur is my best friend, but I'm not like him. We get on great but he's definitely a boy, even before March. I'm more like Milly and Stacy, they're nice girls and I get on well with them."

"So, what name have you chosen? I'd like to know what I can call my daughter."

Her daughter, I like the sound of that. I hope Daddy does too. Where did that come from, I haven't called him daddy since I was 5. "I'm thinking Josie, I like that name plus it still has Jo in it, so it's like you and Dad gave it to me."

"Ok, Josie, my sweet daughter. That's who you will be. It's nice having some girls talk with you."

"You too mum. Thank you for being here for me."

"Always sweetheart, I love you no matter what. There's nowhere else I would ever want to be today." We hugged across the table, finished our drinks, and went back to the clinic.

Once the doctor called me, I told her my decision.

"Excellent, I'm glad you made that decision. Now, come back next week after school and we'll start your puberty for you."

"Ok, thank you, doctor, I'll see you next week."

As we left, I had a smile on my face. I think this was the outcome I wanted and I'm glad I'm going to be a woman.