Chapter 7

"Welcome back Josie. How long has it been now?"

"2 years mam. I've just turned 16."

"Yes, of course. Did you do anything fun?"

"Yes, Mum had a small party for me and my close friends."

"That's good. So, 16, and never been kissed?"

"I'm not going to say that."

Last weekend was my birthday party. It was a couple of days before my actual birthday, but it was the best time to do it, with next week being December. I invited about 20 people, a couple of couples, mostly single friends from school. High school has been fun, I've made some new friends and am still close with Milly, Stacy, and Arthur. Nate and Hannah came to the party too, we are still friends.

Mum and I went shopping for the perfect dress for the night. It took a while, but I found the right dress. It was Burgundy, cowl neck, side slit, slinky, thin strap, midi dress, it fit me like a glove. I love it. I got 4" black heels to go with it. Mum helped me with my hair and makeup, I looked amazing.

"Wow Josie, you look amazing," said Milly. "I love that dress on you. I'm a little jealous, I'm not tall enough to wear something like that."

"I think you could pull it off, Milly. Besides, you look great tonight too."

"Thanks, girl. Is everyone here yet?"

"Not yet. I haven't seen Nate or Arthur."

"Oh, I hope they come."

"Me too. Arthur said they were coming yesterday."

"I just saw them walk out of the house," said Stacy just joining us. "Wow Josie, you look amazing. Being a woman suits you."

"Thanks, Stacy. You look amazing too. I'm a little worried you might outshine me," we all giggled.

"Never birthday girl. Besides, I've had my moment, this one's all yours."

I hugged her, "Thanks, Stacy. I'm so lucky to have you two as friends."

"So are we. I'm so happy you chose to be a woman. I don't know what I'd do without you as a girl friend."

We hugged as a group. "OK enough. I don't want to ruin my makeup." We had a good laugh and started mingling.

I saw Arthur talking with a few kids from school. Unfortunately for me, Milly and Stacy were right, he's been dating a girl named Piper. It's not been long, but I wasn't going to do anything to hurt him. She's a nice girl, I don't see it lasting too long though. I walked over to them, while they were chatting with Nate and another guy from school.

"Hi Arthur, thanks for coming."

"Always Josie. We've been friends for a very long time."

"It's nice to see you too Nate and Piper. I'm glad you could come."

"Thanks, Josie, I appreciate the invite. Babe, I'm going to grab a drink, do you want anything."

"No thanks, I'm ok for now."

"Nate, Milly is over there," I pointed towards her and Stacy chatting with a couple of other girls. "I'm sure she'd like to talk to you."

"Thanks, Josie. You two behave." He walked off chuckling.

"You look amazing," said Arthur when we were alone.

"Thanks, you look great yourself. I know I've said it before, testosterone suits you."

"Thanks. I think you've grown into a beautiful young woman." We stood there smiling for a moment. "So, 16, do you feel it yet?"

"Not really, plus my actual birthday isn't for a couple of days."