Chapter 6

"Good morning, Josie, it's nice to see you. Happy birthday by the way."

"Thank you, doctor. It's hard to believe it's been a year since I was first here."

"How have things been going?"

"Very good, I've gotten used to the periods and the last two have been regular, so that's nice. I'm pretty sure everything downstairs is fully developed and operates properly. I think I'm still growing otherwise but I'm glad I'm not as big as some of the other girls, it would harder for me."

About 6 weeks ago, we had swimming lessons as part of our PE class. We got to choose our own swimsuits, with a couple of restrictions. The girls were, we couldn't wear a two-piece and it had to be useful for fast swimming. I have a nice black racerback suit that has Ruby red accents in a band on each side of the suit. I look amazing in it, and I know it. My hair is longer now, Mum took me to get a cute hairstyle in the last holidays. The girls all looked good, in their own way. The boys, that's a different story.

"Hay, Josie, do you see Hank over there," said Stacy.

"Where? Oh. I mean yeah, his chest is huge, but I think he needs bigger shorts." The girls giggled with me.

"I don't know about that," said Hannah, "I think his shorts are the right size." We all giggled again, she was focused on his butt and other parts when he turned around.

"Yeah maybe, I don't want to see that at the pool though," I said. "Plus, he's not going to look as good after swimming," which got more giggles.

"Well, what about Nate," said Milly. "He's a little smaller but so well proportioned. He looks like he could hold me, and I'll feel comfortable and warm."

"Maybe girl, but you're small too," said Stacy.

"Yeah maybe, he's still nice though."

"Maybe, I don't think he's my type," I said.

"We all know who's your type," said Hannah.

"Meaning what?"

"Arthur," the girls all said in unison and then started laughing. I went bright red.

"Josie, everyone knows you like him. The boys all know he likes you, that's why they don't flirt with you," said Milly.

"Who told you that?"

"Um, Nate," she blushed. "We, um, we sat together at lunch the other day."

"That's awesome, good for you. I don't know about Arthur though. We were best friends for six years and are still friends. I don't want to mess anything up."

"I don't think you will. high school is a different beast. There are a lot of girls and guys who don't know us and won't care about you. I don't think he'll be single much longer."

"Maybe that's a good thing. I'd love to be his girlfriend, but I'm worried we'll mess it up. Maybe doing some learning before we go for it could help."

"I hope you know what you're doing," said Stacy. "I'm worried you'll be disappointed."

To be fair, so am I.

That night I had a lovely dream. I was sitting on a bench in a park, in a long flowing white summer dress. I was looking in the distance when Arthur walked up, in a tight shirt that showed off his chest and nice pants that accented his handsome shape. He walked over, smiling at me, and then we kissed, long, passionately, it was nice. I woke up early, my panties were a little damp from the dream. It was a sign everything was working properly. I lay on my back, keeping the dream image of Arthur in my head. As I did, he slowly morphed into the image of him from the pool, in his short boardies and without his shirt, showing off his broad chest and slight snail trail of hair leading into his shorts. Needless to say, that morning I realised that everything was working properly, and I learned what Mum had meant by her equipment was 'more fun than dads.' I think Mum knew what I had gotten up to that morning.