🟡🔴 Friendship's Light

Part 3 of Rescue in the Shadows (requested)

The Shadower's eerie, labyrinthine lair was a place where darkness seemed to swallow even the faintest glimmers of hope. In its sinister depths, the Regulars found themselves on a treacherous rescue mission, determined to save their friends JeromeASF and Zud from the clutches of the malevolent villain. From four people rescuing two people, it became two people rescuing 4 people.

Nico, with his intimate knowledge of the Shadower's hive, led the way through the twisting corridors. Henwy followed close behind, his thoughts racing like a wildfire, his heart heavy with the weight of responsibility.

"..." whispered Nico, his voice barely audible, yet filled with conviction.

"...Now what?" Henwy questioned, his anxiety palpable.

Nico turned to face Henwy, determination etched on his face. "We find the rest. Get Jerome and Zud outta here because I know they're not too far ahead. Since the guards know there are intruders, they probably kept our Sigils and Biffle somewhere else."

Henwy hesitated, uncertainty gnawing at him, but Nico's unwavering belief in him offered a glimmer of courage. "Come on, Henwy, let's go," Nico urged, ready to press forward.

Nico began to walk away, but Henwy remained rooted to the spot, his mind clouded by self-doubt. "Henwy?" Nico called back.

"J-Just go without me," Henwy stammered. "I'm as good as useless."

Nico couldn't hide his frustration. "No, you're not!" Nico's voice was firm, refusing to let Henwy yield to his insecurities. "Like Sigils said, you got us this far with just his illusions and Biffle's annoying personality. You don't need magic to figure out what to do next. We know you're afraid to be in charge, but you are good at it!"

Henwy shook his head. "I'm not... I'm just suggesting ideas, and then it became flawed..." Henwy protested, his voice trembling.

Nico stepped closer, his gaze unwavering. "Flawed ideas?! We've gotten this far with you, and I used to work for Ian; I didn't know any plan! Who made a plan? You did! If you weren't here, all of us would be captured!"

Henwy's eyes met Nico's, and for the first time, he saw a glimmer of hope. "I know you don't want to be in charge because Sigils is in charge most of the time. You have to step up. Everyone can be a leader. Just like what you were doing earlier. You just gotta follow your heart."

Henwy hesitated, his heart torn between self-doubt and the desire to help his friends. Nico's words began to chip away at the walls of insecurity he had built. "Follow my heart?" Henwy whispered, as if the idea were a revelation.

Nico nodded, a small smile tugging at his lips. "You have a heart of gold," Nico reassured him. "Surely you know how to follow it. Now come on, we've got friends to save."

With newfound determination and a heart filled with courage, Henwy took a deep breath and nodded. "Okay," he said, his voice stronger. Together, they ventured deeper into the Shadower's lair, determined to rescue their friends and free SSundee from the grip of darkness.