Chapter 2

Lucifer kept on staring at his own limbs as his body shifted from a diabolical state to an ethereal figure, too bright it might blind the seer. Hot tears flowed down his cheeks as his devilish spirit slowly escaped from his grip and deviated into Ethan's. His horns vanished and silky hair grew out of his scalp. White wings appeared on his back, as he looked up at the newly crowned devil, down on his knees, aghast at Ethan's ruthlessness, his shiny eyes filled with tears, silently pleading for mercy, whilst Ethan eyed him with a look of victory. He has finally vanquished the so-called devil, dethroning him from his high and mighty sovereignty, and fully embracing who he has always been.

"How...Why?" Lucifer stuttered as he could not find a logical explanation to what was happening at that moment, completely awed.

"Quit complaining and gawk at my grace, Lucifer. You're no longer the fierce being that you used to be. I am. All of this happened thanks to you. Oh, how the table have turned!" His voice got raspier as he slowly absorbed every demonic trait from Lucifer.

"This was never my fault." He argued.

"But it was your fault, Lucifer. You're the one who have whispered every evil thought you could ever imagine when I was under your rule. Don't you remember? Aiming at turning me into one of your slaves by whispering into my ear relentlessly. Try to dig into that angelic brain of yours, and you'll find all the answers. Now let me reign in peace, and quit crying for heaven's sake." Words flowed out of Ethan's mouth smoothly as he asserted my dominance over Lucifer, and it felt great.

"So this is the human of the prophecy, the one who'd eventually conquer your kingdom, Lucifer."

Ethan turned around and there he was, standing behind him, observing the scene. He was wearing a majestic black robe, holding a scythe, but his face was nowhere to be seen. Under his dark hood, there was only void.

"Azrael, stop this madness! Bring him back to life!" Lucifer yelled while wiping his tears swiftly, trying to hide his vulnerability as he was faced with the angel of death.

"That would be against the regulations, Lucifer. You know this. The time has come." His voice was deeper than Lucifer's in his devil form, resonant enough to send shivers down any human's spine. "So, Ethan, what are you planning to do? Are you freeing these lost souls from their eternal misery?"

"I thought the Azrael in flesh would be savvier than that. Why would I free a soul from an eternal torment when they brought it upon themselves?"

"Are you saying you are superior to these souls? That would be an overstatement, Ethan. Do not be blinded by your standing." His condescension started getting on his nerves, but he did not hold back. What was he going to do? Slash him into bits by that scythe of his? After all, he was no mortal anymore.

"You're delusional, however, I see what you're doing. I am no longer the weak creature who would be swayed by a few meaningless words."

"We'll see." He vanished into nothingness, and Ethan was left alone with Lucifer.

"Well, well, well... it looks as if you're ready to ascend to heaven, don't you think?" Taunting Lucifer was amusing to him. It was a decent payback for all the years he kept on taunting him.

"I. Will. Never. Leave." He said, sounding more determined than before.

"I'll leave you to it, I'm going back to earth, I have some business to do. I'll show them hell." Ethan flapped his wings and descended to earth, all ready and set to send a few souls to their 'eternal misery'.
During his days of life, Ethan kept on hearing people blabber on and on about how true freedom can only be attained through redemption and eventually, salvation. Little did they know that he had attained his freedom by entwining himself with the dark. He has always known he was never meant to blend in with what was seen as good, as virtuous. He has always been the devil incarnate, with the seven deadly sins embedded in his being. All human beings were sinners, but the only difference between Ethan and the sinners who have wronged him, was that he decided to fully accept himself with all his bewitching flaws, while they chose to design and forge a false reality free of sin, free of wrong, and crucify him for being who he truly was.