Chapter 4

"What are you doing here?" Kevin's voice snapped her out of the trauma gyre whirling inside her mind. She looked at him quite flustered, feeling her heart throbbing out of her chest, not being able to dissociate her current self from that dark place she has been battling for years now. "Are you alright? You seem shaken. What happened?"

Tears started streaming down her cheeks and she held on to Kevin for dear life. He was puzzled, but he patted her back awkwardly, not knowing how to act in such situation. As she trembled in fear, Ethan felt quite accomplished. Ethan could've carried out a plan that lead her to her demise in an instant, but triggering her innermost traumas and anguish was the right call. He wanted to see her suffer. He wanted to feed on the pain that consumed her, to feast upon the woes and sorrow. He could never get enough vengeance by mere death. This is what he has always wanted to see. Watching her as she struggled with speaking coherently, as the lump in her throat blocked all the words that needed to be spoken, was ecstatic. The sheer terror that you could see as he looked into her eyes, as he dived into her deepest faintest memories and brought them back to life, made him feel elated, but that was just the beginning. That woman was in for a roller coaster, and Ethan would not rest until she ended up being utterly drained.

"You won't abandon me, right?" she asked, the words flowing out of her mouth difficultly, fearing that she might sound too pushy, fearing that he might eventually leave her out of weariness from her constant need of affirmations.

"Is that why you've bawled your eyes just now? You're silly, Samantha." He giggled, running his fingers through her hair softly, while looking into her orbs.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have." Samantha was the kind of person who would apologize for the most trivial actions, afraid of being abandoned for committing frivolous mistakes, which is another habit that she picked from her childhood. She has always been reproached by her parents, for as their only child, she was cursed with the burden of becoming their pride and joy, the golden child that would never make any minor missteps, the child that they wanted to flaunt at every family function. If she did not meet their expectations, they wouldn't let her see the light of day, which is why she grew up being apologetic and insecure. Being able to unfold her traumas was exhilarating, as it made it much easier for Ethan deciding what to do next with her.

"No need to apologize, I'll drive you home, you need to get some rest." In her eyes, Kevin's gaze was as soothing as the night sky, his voice as mellifluous as a bird chirping at dawn, his touch as soft as a feather. However, as the devil, Ethan has long known what these peculiarities meant. It was all a mere theatricality to eventually satisfy his animalistic needs. He never cared for her, not in the least. All that he was thinking about was how he'd take advantage of her weak state to use her and then leave toss her away. Like the piece of trash that she was.

"Alright, thank you." She said softly, never ceasing to look at his face, enjoying every moment she spent with him. Kevin grabbed his briefcase and proceeded to walk out of the building, while Samantha followed him like a lost puppy. The walk towards the car was silent, as Samantha was trying to avoid burdening her boss, and as Kevin being bone-weary of his needy employee. When they got into the car, it was time for Ethan to make his next move.

"Kiss her, she's too vulnerable to resist" He whispered, and Kevin was not resistant. He grabbed her chin and pulled her face close to his, kissing her passionately, and despite her vulnerability when she's with him, her self-conceit made her believe that his love for her was beyond what she expected.

Her body is all yours, Kevin. His whispers grew the more foul the more time he spent with these two greedy vessels, and what amused him the most, was that the devil's commands were not hard to resist. Humans' greed and gluttony overpowered their so-called free will, and the devil could bend them in any direction he desired.

"Let's move to the back of the car, shall we?" The moment Kevin said those words, Samantha jumped to the back of the car in excitement. She was utterly enslaved to him, but never for a second has she doubted his intentions. Ethan was not at all thrilled to witness a hot and bothered Samantha, and a libidinous Kevin, but he enjoyed the events that will lead Samantha to her bane. As they got undressed and started lovemaking, not worried about being caught, as Kevin's car windows were dark, Ethan laughed in amusement. What a bunch of animals. A delusional prey and a ruthless predator danced along to the devil's tune, while he sat down and grinned in euphoria.

The freak show lasted for about thirty minutes, then Samantha and Kevin sat down to get dressed as quickly as possible, before his wife suspects anything when he gets back late to the house.

"That was amazing" Samantha said, panting.

"It was" Kevin replied, grinning while watching her button her blouse. "We need to hurry up before anyone sees us."

"For how long are we going to keep this a secret?" She asked, trying to urge him to eventually make their relationship public.

"We talked about this. We need to give it some time." What a cunning liar. Ethan liked him.

Samantha tried to keep her composure as not to repulse him, but deep down, she felt extremely distressed, as if someone jabbed a dagger through her heart, and everytime Kevin replied coldly to her pleas, she felt the dagger being twisted until she could not bear it anymore. However, she despised putting her weaknesses on display, so she did not question his intentions anymore.

The ride home was silent, Kevin thinking of a lie to feed his wife about the reason why he came home late, and Samantha overthinking whether he would end up with her or not. When Samantha stepped out of the car, neither of them said goodnight, and Samantha went to her home, planning to crawl into her bed and cry herself to sleep as she usually does.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: I apologize if this chapter is short, I promise the rest of the chapters will be as long as the first ones! The reason for this is that the events will get a bit more intense therefore I can't share a whole lot of events in only one chapter.