Chapter 17

Hi peeps! It's been so long, I can't believe the last time I've updated this book was in January, but I've been so caught up with uni and work that I barely had the time for a breather. I'll be updating the book more often as writing is my only outlet these days, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter :)

                                                        •─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Ethan had this gut feeling that a powerful, celestial force was at work, acting as a blockade against his vengeful spirit. He was not satisfied by his last project. Although he murdered his bully, well, not quite literally, but he played a huge part in his decision to commit suicide, he felt as if he exerted himself and put so much force into convincing Jessica and Aaron to crush Chris' spirit. He knew what to do, but he was reluctant to do so. After a while of contemplation he closed his eyes and travelled back to hell.

Lucifer was walking around haphazardly, stopping each time to look a wandering soul in the eye, probably testing if his powers in hell were still predominant, and that he still had control over his realm.

"Well look who's here" Lucifer grinned. "Let me guess, you've blessed me with your presence to ask for guidance, isn't that right?"

"That's an overstatement, angel boy."

"My powers are still functional in Hell, you know that right?" Lucifer disregarded Ethan's comment. "So, I presume you've met my brother."

"Gabriel? Yeah, we've had a long VERY FRUITFUL AND COMPREHENSIBLE chat." Ethan let out a long exhale and Lucifer laughed at Ethan's jocularity.

"Don't mind him, his prophecies are always vague. I've already heard it a millennia before you... Well, before you came here. It makes me glad that I'll be recovering my standing soon."

"You won't, as long as I'm executing my plan, you won't. My powers will only peak higher and higher." Ethan boasted.

"As I said, Ethan, my powers are still effective in Hell. Your powers are weakening, yet, I can't decipher why, nor can I read your mind, which is annoying." Ethan grinned at Lucifer's acknowledgement. "However, to quote Gabriel; thereafter light shall conquer the dark and a new door in the heavens shall unlock. Could it be the work of my brothers?" Lucifer rubbed his chin.

"Are you mocking me?" Ethan started regretting talking to Lucifer.

"I am not, although I do hold you in contempt, Ethan, and I have no intention of helping you out. I am as curious as you are." Lucifer admitted

"What about the other high order angels? Do they have an answer?"

Lucifer looked at Ethan for a few seconds thinking he was spitting out a hilarity, rather than a genuine question.

"Oh wait, you're serious? You have no business meeting them. Angels are generally repulsed by creatures of hell. I have no idea how you managed to speak to Gabriel without winding up dead. I do not have a clue why your powers are weakening, although it's quite comical."

"Comical? Don't forget that you lost your powers to me, loser." Ethan snapped at Lucifer but the latter seemed unbothered by his comment

"The point is, celestial heavenly creatures are usually more knowledgeable about prophecies, fates, and play a deep role within the universe. As a fallen angel, I do not share the same powers as they do, and I do not have the power to foresee the future." Ethan could've sworn he heard Lucifer wince at the mention of his weaknesses. "The only fates I have access to are the wicked fates, and the only prophecies I know of are the ones related to me, which is only one prophecy so far, the one that Gabriel just shared with you. Any questions?"