Settling in

After a few hours of unpacking, building shelf's and bed frames, and decorating, the rooms were mostly done.

"Dinner" the kids heard their mother call from the middle floor, they emerged up satires, down stairs, and out of their rooms to the dining table where a bag with the KFC picture was placed.
"I didn't have time to cook a good dinner, nor did I have ingredients, so I thought why not get your favourites?" Neytiri explained.
Kiri had a not so impressed look on her face, she wasn't vegan she just didn't particularly like meat items.
As the family was halfway through their dinner, talking about the new chances they got and what they were looking forward to when the doorbell rang.
Jake excused himself to answer the door, he swung it open and hugged the man at the door saying "tonowari! I've missed you man, how have you been?" He let go of the hug to let the man answer.

Neteyams pov
That's what Ronald husband's name was, tonowari.
Dad turned around revealing a bulky guy with long curly hair, much like his wife, he had blue eyes almost identical to the one they had passed on their drive to Miami.
They got to talking but I didn't pay any mind, I was more focused on telling off Loak for eating like an animal, I don't blame him though, I was really hungry as well.
After about 15 minutes dad let the man go and he shut the door.
"You remember him, right tey? You used to play with his son, uhm, I can't think of his name off the top of my head"
I gave him a look of confusion, I don't remember playing with that guys son, well I was quite young so I probably did forget, I shook my head no.
"Hm, we'll they go to your new school, in fact tonowari is the principal, so you can meet his kids on Monday, or you can walk a block and meet them now" dad said excitedly with a chuckle as he grabbed all of our paper plates and put them in the garbage.

It was Thursday, so I still had 3 days to get our stuff ready, tomorrow I was going out with mom to get supplies we didn't bring, like plates, glasses, cutlery and all that stuff, we had it in plastic but I would prefer to eat off of good quality dinner wear, wouldnt you?.

As I lay in bed awake I thought about Ronal's son that dad had said I played with, not remembering his name was bothering me as I'm usually pretty good at remembering them, then my thoughts drifted to what dad had also said, they lived a block away from us huh? I might go pay a visit tomorrow, just to get the guys name so it didn't drive me crazy.

Again, I thought back to when we lived in California, I do remember playing with a curly haired boy, his name was on the tip of my Tongue, did it start with a K? No that wasn't right, an A? Maybe.
—————————————————————————

523 word count