Prologue

"You're a drug Louis Tomlinson, and I am addicted to you even if it kills me. It would be an honor to die with you coursing in my veins"

or

one where Louis falls for his professor, but that's not all when it comes to Mr. Styles. He has secrets.

------------------------------------

Lying is like an artform, a parasitic consuming artform that once you master, it's hard to get rid of. It starts off innocent, white lies that take darker turns, ruthless consequences and eternal guilt.

Lying is a game, one of the mind and heart. If you can manipulate someone's heart and soul it takes one snap to spread the cloak of lies and make their reality dissipate into your world of webbed up facts.

Hendreld's Hills, tucked far away from the part of the world that never stood still, this town was something many considered a myth. With a mere population of 500 people, the town held a lot of secrets, well kept beyond the delusion of a perfect town.

Perfectly trimmed shrubs and trees lined every curb, park and road. Rows of similar looking brick houses, perfectly kept lawns and black slant roofs atop the houses made it seem like a place straight out of a novel.

Hendreld's Hills may be small, not so significant to the outside world but within themselves, the people of the town cherished and kept the town safe. Often what appears to be the outside isn't always what you find inside.

The town's mayor, Alfred Tomlinson was one of the best the town has ever had. He fulfilled every expectation a town has from their mayor. He may have been a good Mayor, but to his son, Louis he was never a good father.

Louis grew up hearing his parents fight behind the closed doors of his room until one day he woke up to find his mum gone. His father never explained to him why she left or where she went. Somewhere over the years he was glad his mother left, but it hurt a little that she didn't think of him before leaving.

Maybe escaping does that to a person. The urge to free yourself of a bond so hurtful overpowers your heart's urge to stay for someone.

His father's behaviour only worsened when he had free reign. He'd leave as he pleased and return late, completely ignoring Louis' existence as if he were never there to begin with. After a year or so, it stopped hurting Louis, he knew his father would care less if he ran away too.

The only relief he had was the hour after school when he went to his Ballet class. He had begged his mum to let him go, he always used to watch the dancers practice their steps mesmerised by their gracious turns and elegant postures.

Ballet gave Louis an escape, an escape from reality. Its music would make him lose sense in reality, his waist snug in his leotard as he'd spin, elegantly and rhythmically let his body flow to the music in the room. He felt as though he was floating, moving through the world, the voices in his head went to sleep when he danced. It was quite overwhelming sometimes but he felt his soul relax.

The weekend before his first day at college, the town was buzzing with excitement and curiosity as moving vans drove to the last house in Louis' lane. He watched curiously as a tall lean figure stepped out of a black Mercedes. He watched as his father approached the man timidly and he'd never seen his father so nervous.

He clicked his window open and his heart caught in his throat as the man's head flicked up before turning back to his father as he spoke in his most polite tone.

"Welcome to Hendreld's Hill Mr. Styles."