CHAPTER 8

-16th December-

Louis steps into the room, people milling about with costumes and set designs. He'd just come from doing a sound rehearsal on the theatre stage with everyone. Bernadette had asked them to stop by before heading home for their costume fittings.

First up was Florence. She was playing the Lilac fairy. The most powerful of the four fairies in the fable.

Not detering far from the name, her costume was a lavender-white gradient tutu. Her ballet slippers were rose gold to contrast her dress but matched the rose gold stockings. Her head piece was a circular crown that perched perfectly atop her blond hair pinned into a bun. The crown had delicately woven lavender stems and flowers dusted with lavender net and slight beadings.

And watching her smile and twirl in the dress, Louis just knew the casting and setting of the performance couldn't have been more accurate.

Kendall is up next.

Her black hair is neatly pinned up, not a single strand to distract Louis from the stoic expression her face held. She had a gift to mould into a character she performed. As for Carabosse she had to be dark and spiteful.

Her costume reached her knees, entirely black from head to toe. The only exception were her golden ballet slippers. The dress fit tight around her waist and melded into a v-line before it bulked up on the net and flowed down to her knees.

The sheer net work covered her neck, designed in such a way it gave an impression of her neck being a delicate flower being protected by the leaves underneath it.

Her head piece was rather simple. A black beaded headband with a few black feathers attached to her bun.

It was finally Louis' turn.

Safe to say this was a rather unconventional approach to the ballet they were performing. A man portraying what's supposed to be the female lead. He's never been afraid to show off this side of him. He's worn dresses, gowns, skirts and a lot more on outings with his friends.

He stepped into the changing room, looking at himself in the mirror. He hated doing that, watching the old scars wither and fall while the new ones bloomed like bleeding red roses on his skin.

When he opened the door to reveal his costume, all the wind in his lungs got knocked out. The dress was breathtaking.

Ironic.

He carefully stepped into it, the cloth shaded into a perfect blend of Orange, white and pink. The gradient making his dress look like sunset sewn into a piece of cloth. Golden borders traced intricate patterns as rhinestones adorned the plunging V-neckline.

And he was sure if he had boobs he'd turn heads left and right. Not that he won't right now but his audience was limited.

The tutu fit his waist at all the right places, the silver stockings wrapped around his thighs perfectly.

His ballet slippers were white with silver patterns sewn on it. The ribbon was a white net with silver patterns as delicate as the Stardust sewed on it.

He felt confident, and the squeals and gasps of his friends just made it better.

After the trials, he went home happy and satisfied after a long time.

-December 20th-

Harry had been to a few ballet performances before. But he had never been this nervous. He fixed his suit jacket, he'd donned a double-breasted black suit with a hot pink shirt. To be fair this was one of his simpler, less extravagant suits.