CHAPTER 6

Work was slow, despite it being a weekend. The cold weather did slow down the rush of flow of students looking for an escape from the godforsaken education system. There were still a few loyal customers who spent almost every single morning or afternoon sitting in the small shop with their heads buried in their respective works.

Helene had told Louis to be up front for most part of the day since she had a doctor's appointment. He didn't mind, the more time he stayed away from that house, (and now the neighbor) the better.

He was serving a woman her third cup of the day, mid M&M's drop, when the bell above the entrance dinged loudly intruding the peaceful silence that had settled in the shop.

A girl with hair loosely tied, hands stuffed into her hoodie strode in, followed by another ding and at this point Louis was almost going to squeeze himself into the yogurt dispenser.

"Louis" Harry hummed, the girl standing a few steps away selecting her toppings.

"Mr. Styles" he spoke dismissively, hoping Harry would get the hint and fuck off.

"I'd like the cookie monster froyo, what'll ya have Haz?"

And what the fuck.

He had found someone else already?!

"I'll have the mocha froyo"

It took Louis a minute and the girl loudly clearing her throat to stop staring at Harry like he'd grown an extra set of eyes.

He nodded towards the self-serve board, waiting for them to top their cups with their desired toppings. His fingers tapped against the keyboard swiftly once they brought their cups for billing.

"Under what name am I billing?" He asked

"Harry-"

"Gemma Styles" the girl answered, handing him the money as he nodded and gave them the most fake, most sales person smile one can think of with a set of tissues and spoons.

"I know a fake customer pleaser smile when I see one" she quipped as Harry raised a brow.

And that genuinely made Louis laugh. It made sense, she didn't look much older than him. Probably fresh out of Uni, and there's rarely a student who hasn't faked a smile to please a customer.

"Guilty" he smiled, walking around the counter as he slipped on his headphones, cleaning the tables and mopping the floor.

So she was probably his sister, now that he snuck glances at them he could see it. The eyes and the smile resembled.

And he'd never noticed Harry had bunny teeth.

Cute.

|•|

"So, what's the deal with you and the dude?" Gemma hummed, chewing on her mint candy topping, her eyes flickering back and forth between Louis and Harry.

"Nothing, I told you Gems he's my student."

"But you'd like for him to be a deal if he wasn't" she smirks and she's not wrong.

Harry has to give it to her, as young as she was, she'd always read Harry like an open book. Gemma was five years older than him. They'd always shared a close bond with each other from when they were kids.

Their father had passed away not too long ago and since then both of them had been handling the wide business he'd left behind for them.

The mafia .

Harry was the face of all their deals, the charmer that he was and he knew it. Gemma was the brain behind the deals, the one who came up with loopholes when their partners made it troublesome.