CHAPTER 13

Harry's expressions were rather comedic, a wave of surprise, hurt and panic flowing through his serene face as he spat his coffee out with such force that Louis was worried it chipped the table.

"IT'S WHAT TODAY?!" Harry yelled, abandoning the coffee and eggs before walking towards Louis in a few big steps.

His strong arms rested on either side of Louis, his back pressed against the counter. He'd opted to wear Harry's white shirt which reached his mid thighs and Harry said it was unfair how sexy this look was on him.

Harry's face was mere inches away from Louis', one arm wrapping around his delicate waist as he pressed a fervent kiss to Louis' already swollen and bitten lips from the make out session they had right after waking up.

*FB*

Harry's face was tucked in the softness of Louis' feathery hair, hot breath fanning over the younger boy's scalp. Louis' arms went around Harry's middle, head tucked into the warmth of Harry's neck.

A gentle squeeze to his ass made Louis wiggle and peel his eyelids open. A whine escaped his lips as the sun shone through the blinds. A shove to Harry's thigh made the curly haired man snort.

"Not a morning person then?"

Louis just grunted, biting Harry's shoulder gently. Harry rasped out a laugh, a throaty and husky laugh which made Louis' insides melt into mush. His fingers tilted Louis' chin up, kissing him softly.

"Mmph- ew morning breath" Louis groaned, pulling away bashfully.

"Don't care" Harry hummed, pulling Louis closer again and kissing him again, this time bit more passionate with an edge of teasing.

And that's how most of their morning went, Louis tucked safely under Harry's arms while sharing heated and fervent kisses, not caring if their lips swelled up, turning a bright crimson

*FB*

"It's your birthday and I didn't know" Harry pouts.

An actual pout, his bottom lip tucked out and eyes sad. This is where Louis decided he might die.

And that is how they ended up in the kitchen, two aprons proudly wrapped around their waists, Harry's making him look like a bimbo trying to flash her boobs due to how small it was.

|•|

Louis was taking a shower while Harry waited outside. The younger boy had been persuading Harry to take a shower too and Harry couldn't say no.

God.

And he could practically see this is how it would always be. Louis was hard to resist and not because he was physically attractive (he is) but because the purity and innocence Harry's soul had forgotten long ago now calls him. From within Louis' soul and it's tempting. He feels like he'd give Louis his soul without questioning him.

Louis' beauty wasn't pretentious. It was rather hypnotizing. The way his skin crates in the curves of his body, dips down in the dimples of his back and runs smooth like Italian silk all over.

Harry wanted to melt and settle over Louis' skin, seep into his body and absorb the purity and beauty that is Louis Tomlinson.

The scars on the younger boy's body had evoked a rage in his heart that he'd never experienced before. He'd encountered rage before, yes, but it was concentrated in his mind, maneuvered by blank vengeance. The rage he felt yesterday was controlling, something that scared him. It controlled his heart, which was feral.

It was scary how someone he'd met barely 6 months ago was now controlling and tugging the reins of his heart so much so that Harry felt total loss of control. His heart was raging a fire, burning his shriveled soul as Louis' presence dampened it with something Harry never knew he needed.

He craved more.

The door to the bathroom opened, drawing Harry out of his thoughts. His face melted into a fond expression as Louis raced to the wardrobe, damp hair sticking to his forehead and shorts hanging low on his hips.

Harry grabbed the smaller boy by his waist, eliciting a surprised giggle from him as he placed Louis on his lap.

"Hi pretty boy" He whispered, lips pressing against the juncture between his neck and collar bone. Louis shuddered in his arms, his warm hands tracing the tattoos on Harry's arms.

"Hi" he whispered, cheeks pinkening as he blushed. Harry immediately curled his fingers in the damp hair, turning Louis' head and kissing him softly.

"Ha-harry" Louis gasps, lips pliantly parting for Harry to dominate.

Harry picked him up, his slender legs wrapping around Harry's middle, arms hung around Harry's broad shoulders. None of them broke off the kiss, Harry's rings digging into the soft flesh of Louis' thighs. Louis' whimpers shook through Harry's throat and ribs, squeezing the smaller boy tighter in his grasp.

He somehow managed to reach the end of the staircase without dropping Louis, carrying him to the kitchen.

"Cake time birthday boy"

|∆|

Louis' lips feel numb when he pulls away from the kiss, his eyes glistening as he notices their wonky cake now decorated with sprinkles and a cake topper made out of white paper and red Sharpie.

This wasn't a million dollar diamond cake but it meant more than those diamonds would've. Harry went through the pain of decorating a cake when according to him he's never baked before or came across decorating a cake. He then went on to make a cake topper, his loopy handwriting and the red ink seeping into the white sheet.

A small heart in the bottom corner of the paper caught Louis' eyes and his heart became a puddle. He'll keep this in his drawer of trinkets.

Sometimes all we want is a love that treats us with care and tenderness . Something we can cherish and remember even if it ends. Something that heals us and leaves us so full of hope and joy that it becomes the reason for your future happiness even if they're no longer in it.

And he really hoped that even in the end, the happiness was from Harry.

He felt Harry's chest press on his back, arms snaking around his waist as Louis blew out the candles. His raspy voice singing Happy birthday all while nibbling on Louis' earlobe.

And in that moment Louis wished for this to be real. To last forever.