Chapter 20: 404 error

"What's in here?" Kel looks through the garage.

   It's been pretty tense since they first arrived in Headspace... but things were finally starting to settle. They'd gotten used to the fighting, the blood, the combat. The upbeat atmosphere made it much more comfortable... even though they knew the true secrets of the world.

   Kel steps back in terror as he points into the darkness, "Uhm... guys... what the hell is that?"

   Suddenly, a giant jar of jam literally jumps out the garage, swaying back and forth.

   "Hi there! I'm the Life Jam Guy!! Wanna try a free sample of the brand new 'Life Jam'??" It says, bouncing up and down.

   There was a key stuck in the jam... inside him, 'D'.

   Everyone looked at each-other in weary, and anticipation. They knew exactly what to do at this point.

     ..............................................................
   Jam flowed everywhere. Was it "blood"? They weren't sure. Basil rubs the jam covered knife against his pants, while Kel takes a finger and jabs it into the jam. He then takes that finger and sticks it in his mouth. (What a silly little guy :>)

   "I- I'm not going to say anything." Aubrey holds back her urge to make fun of him, instead, she just glances away.

   "Hmmm!! This is pretty- *smack* good!!"

   Hero sighs in embarrassment, "What are we going to do with you...?"

   Aubrey and Basil pulled open the Hangman Sheet, and put the letter 'D' down.

   ...

   Nothing happened- besides a singular line was drawn, a part of the noose. They'd picked up a wrong letter.

   "So we did that for nothing...?" Basil also sighs, "I was kinda curious about the 'Life Jam' stuff."

   "Nah... it was *smack* probably nothing." Kel says between the collision of his lips.

    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
   They continued moving forward.

It seemed to go on forever; they'd gotten used to the smell by now.

Finally, a long hallway of trash and gunk is in front of them. They quickly dodge around the garbage, reaching a clearing. Digging in the trash, they find....

"A sprout mole??" Basil takes out his weapon. The little sprout mole with a bright purple bow turns towards them.

"Excuse me! I am not no ordinary "sprout mole"! Don't compare me to those....heathens!! 𝐈 am the number one Rococo fan in the whole world!!"

Basil slowly puts the knife back in his pocket, trying to keep peace with her. This spout mole might be the key to finding the painting.

Of course, Aubrey has different plans.

"Do you know where a painting might be?? One that... er.... Rococo made for Captain Space-boy?"

"Hmph! Have you no manners? Not even a introduction? Whatever. You shall forever know the name of... Rosa! 'Cause I'll have this painting... I found it first!!"

Kel sighed and whispered, "It's one of 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞."

Hero gazed towards everyone, "I think we should talk it out-"

Before Hero could continue, Aubrey steps forward and holds out her plushie, (not very intimidating lmaoo) "Well... Rosa. We need that painting to help Captain Space-boy. And if you're not gonna give it to us... then we'll have to just take it. 𝐁𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞."

Rosa smirks, "Hah! Do you really threaten the amazing and luxurious Rosa?? I'd like to see you try getting this from me, scoundrels!"

She immediately dashed off, running the other direction.

Aubrey also runs that way, turning around quickly to face the group, "Come on!! Sunny's life is on the line!!"

Kel catches up to Aubrey, signaling to move.

Hero groans and sluggishly runs towards them, only leaving Basil, who hesitantly follows.

.............................................................
" Hi, Mari!!" Hero calls out, and sure enough, she's there with the picnic basket and all. They were still chasing Rosa, so they had no time to stop.

"Hello everyone! Why are you chasing that sprout mo-"

They passed her, not even letting her finish.
"Bye Mari!! We'll explain later!!" Aubrey yells out to her. Mari smiles and sighs.

.................................................................
"Hah... hah... did... we lose her...?" Hero stops for a second, catching his breath.

"Damnit!!" Aubrey kicks at the dirt. They'd lost her in the maze of garages.

"Wait! Look!" Basil runs ahead and grabs her bow off the ground, "She went this way." He points south.

    .................................................................
"Uhm.... why are there so many... tvs...?" Basil slowly murmurs.

"What I'm more concerned about is the 'Do not cross' line..." Hero mumbles back.

They stood in front of a clearing with at least a hundred tvs with red and black static. In the middle, was a yellow and black line, with the words 'Do not cross' labeled above. In the center stood Rosa.

"Hey! Little fucker!! Give us that painting!!" Aubrey snaps at her, trying to get her attention.

Instead of saying anything, Rosa turns around... to reveal bright, glowing, red eyes staring at them. And expressionless face pierced the four souls, and made them all on edge.

"Uhm- Rosa..?" Basil steps forward... drawn to the red haze for some reason. And of course he steps his blond ass right over the line. •_•

The world seems to freeze. Ḁ̸͠n̷̫͠d̸̪̈ ̶̩̌t̵̰͝h̵̠̚e̸̫͂ń̷͖ ̵̪̎ś̵͕u̸͖̔d̷͈́d̵̳͋e̴̻̓n̷̤͐l̶̬͋ỳ̵͍-̷̨͛ ̴̛̖ā̶͖ ̸̹̓p̶̱̎ọ̸̈́p̴̮͑ ̴͙̑u̴̮͘p̶̠͠ ̵͈̈w̷̬̿i̵̲͗n̷͋͜d̸̜͝o̵̼͝w̷̩̿ ̸̙̊a̴̩͘p̸̯͝p̶̹͋e̵̩̐a̷̘͋-̵̯̒ ̷̮͛4̴̣̐0̷̫͒4̷̗̌ ̶̘̈ē̶͖r̸͔͝r̴͖͗ó̸̘ȑ̷̡ ̴̼̾4̶̹͂0̷̗̋4̴͗͜ ̴̦̍e̸͉͑r̸͎̓ṛ̴̌ò̴̲ř̵̩ ̶͒ͅ4̶͉͐0̴̛̙4̸̢͝ ̵̻̅e̸̟̐r̴̖̃r̸̺͗o̵̮͋r̴̫͋ ̸͖̽4̴̤̀0̶͕̒4̷̩̈ ̷̟̾ȅ̴͇r̷̢͘r̶͍̄o̴͖͒r̸̤͒

..................................................................
"What... the 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 was that..." Aubrey words fumble out her mouth. Everyone else was speechless. Time seemed to stop- but also pass on forever. Rosa was gone- and the painting was there in her place.

All of them were paralyzed for a moment, especially Basil.

"I... is that what it feels like to b-be electrocuted...." He says, not wanting an answer.

"Let's..." Hero starts, walking forward with extreme precision and caution. He grabs the painting.

"Not... talk... about... that..." Kel mutters quietly.

⁂☆❤︎︎𖣘☾--------------------------☽𖣘❤︎︎☆⁂
A/n: Was this chapter boring as all hell? Yeah. Sorry. It's probably one of the shorter main chapters, 'cause I wanted to spilt up the last part of Otherworld into 3 parts, this being the first one. So yeah! We're still not done :)
I hope you guys are enjoying the drama and shit :> I'm going to a bday party for a few hours tomorrow, but then I promise I'll post more ^^
See ya!! Dms are always open! <3