Chapter 46: Why do you cry?

🎶We're all gonna die...🎶
   (MARINA CHAPTER Pt.1)
....................
"Ugh. I didn't miss this place." Aubrey plugs her nose while Humphrey pops out of the ground.
"Whale, hello there friends!" He has on a big grin.
   "𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐲." She talks all nasally.
   "You'll get used to it!" Humphrey morphs back into the pink floor.
   "Which way should we go next? Up, or left? I think we should go up." Hero suggested.
   "We'll I think we should go left." Kel smiles triumphantly.
   "You just wanna say something different." Aubrey pestered.
   "Did not!" Kel says, pouting once again.
"Guys. Let's just go up." Basil starts to row the boat north, and Kel sighs in frustration.
....................
   "What're these for?" Kel peers into the empty metal cages.
   "Fascinating." Hero moves some cages to the side to see a small glob of black goo with pairs of eyeballs in a cage. It's covered with locks and scratches.
   "Are they researching the Somethings?" Aubrey concludes, trying to put her finger near it. It hisses at her, making the whole cage shake.
   Basil grabs her wrist, "Don't. These little guys are dangerous. Let's move on." He let's go to walk over where a receptionist Humphrey is.
   "Are you here to see Marina? There is already a client in with her."
   "I bet it's the bitch-heart again." Aubrey grumbles, "we have to get to her 𝐧𝐨𝐰."
   "But-"
   "But-but-but- 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭." Aubrey snaps at the Humphrey as it goes back into the ground with a frown.
   "Dang, Aubrey." Hero chuckles.
   "Sh." She walks ahead, and the rest follow.
....................
   𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐥𝐚𝐳𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲!!
   𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬: ... 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬!
  ...
  "Hello, I am Marina's first experiment, one she made when she was just a baby."
   "Experiment? That's not good." Hero crosses his arms.
   "No shit sherlock." Aubrey, still peeved from earlier, tries to keep her cool.
   "I'm more impressed she made it when she was a baby. When I was a baby, I was-" Kel starts.
   "Getting scared at the original super mario bros ending song? Yep." Hero snarks.
   *𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍!*
   Kel's face turns a bright red in shame.
   "Damn, Hero. You just had to expose him like that yet again." Aubrey smiled at Kel, and he couldn't help but return the gesture.
   "Yeah, yeah." Kel waves, still grinning.
   ...
   "SMASH IT WITH YOUR PLUSH AUBREY!!" Kel cheers, his voice echoing throughout the whale.
   "Jeez, okay." Aubrey swings at the small Humphrey planted in the ground. A big Humphrey bridge forms as a result.
She hops back up to the base level, and rubs her nose in accomplishment.
"Woah there, cowgirl." Kel teases.
...
*poke*
They all watch as the experiment ascends and dissipates into the musty air.
"Okay then." Kel smacks his lips together.
𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞!
....................
"What's that?" Aubrey asks as they all come across a... piece of wood?
"It looks like... a broken violin." Basil comes up close to inspect it.
   Upon closer inspection, it was in fact, a torn up, rotten, busted violin.
   "Ouch... I wonder who's this belongs to. It looks in pretty bad condition." Hero frowns.
   Basil looks away, thinking, "it... seems familiar. But I just can't place it." He sighs softly.
   Kel stares down at it, and without a single thought, he punts it into the void below.
   "What was that for??? That belonged to someone!!!" Aubrey scolded, and Kel shrugged.
   "I mean, who was gonna use that piece of crap anyways? It was beyond saving."
   "Still! Ugh. I can't with you." Aubrey turns away.
   "Guys, we have to get to Sweetheart." Hero reminds them.
"I know, I know." Aubrey says quietly as they rest of the group go ahead. Her irritated face turns more into a gloomy one, as she fiddles with the blade in her pocket.
꧁.................꧂
   A/n: help. (;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')
   I had to get out something, so I spilt this into two parts. Sorry :(
   If you guys don't know, I'm obviously obsessed (in a normal way... definitely) in another game right now.
   I wrote this about a mouth ago, and it's been sitting in my drafts, rotting. Thought I'd let it see the light of day.
   I've just been so busy with everything, and along with my hyperfixation on FFXV, it's just a lot (٥⁀▽⁀)
   But ive been asked this, and my answer will always, ALWAYS be:
   NO!1!1!!1!1
   I am NOT abandoning IYD. I started it, so I'm sticking to the end. This piece of crap will never  be thrown in the trash!!! (even tho it probably belongs in one) even if it takes me til I'm an old ass man, I won't quit!!
   (Also my stubbornness can't handle my baby (this fanfic) dying)
   Sooo yeah. Stick around!! :D
   Cause black space is gonna be interesting as all hell!! >:p
   But in the meantime pwety pwease read snapshot stories 🥺👉👈/j
   See ya my lovely peeps!! ♡︎