Chapter 4 - "Whoop Her Ass, Mikey."

Both Raphael and Y/n were somewhat enjoying the competitive relationship forming between them. Only Raphael wanted to prove a point to her, considering how cocky she came across as.

Michaelangelo squirmed in the uncomfortable silence as the tension between 'Big Red' and Y/n rose.

"Y/n, maybe give them some slack, they're on edge, and you're talking to cranky bones, so maybe we could go and talk in private?"

She nodded and turned to Donatello and Leonardo, "I apologise for my bluntness. I'll be sure to keep it in check with you two from here on out."

Leonardo and Donatello looked at the human woman confused while she was bowing with sincerity behind her words. The two glanced at their brother in red, noticing how she had excluded Raphael from her apology. When Raph was about to speak up again, only for Mikey to run to one side of her room passing between the three turtles and the human.

"NO WAY! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR AGES!" Everyone's head turned curious as to what he was talking about.

It took a moment for it all to process what they were seeing, Mikey had something enveloped in his arms only for the old memories to hit Y/n like a train.

"Oh yeah," Y/n commented as she stood up straight from her bow.

The room was looking at Mikey, who had picked up a long circular polished log of wood.

"What's the significance?" Donnie asked only for his brother to practically blow up from excitement.

"What's the significance? Y/n and I used to train all the time on this thing!"

She grinned as a sentimental look fell upon her face. "And he used to whip my ass at it."

"How would you even train with that?" Leonardo questioned wandering closer to the object and inspecting the cylindrical pole.

"Y/n, can we please bring it to the dojo? Please?" Mikey begged eyes sparkling with optimism.

"I'm not the boss, ask your brothers." She gestured to the turtle's brothers. The three looked between one another as a grin grew wide on Raphael's face.

"Whoop her ass, Mikey."

~

After setting it up on a device which allowed the cylinder to rotate freely Mikey hopped onto it enthusiastically careful to maintain his balance.

"Mikey, one thing my brothers made me learn was how to balance on these things. We trained in trees-"

"Only more of a reason to show you how much I have grown." He smiled as Y/n walked onto the rotational wooden cylinder as it turned under their feet.

"Try your best not to get hurt you guys." Donnie spoke cautiously earning a huf of disagreement from his brother, "The whole purpose is for them to fight each other and learn."

"Exactly, Learn, not kill each other." Donnie spoke closing his eyes and pointing a finger to the sky in a 'matter of fact' tone.

"That's not how I learned," Y/n said getting into a kokutsu stance. A worried look washed over Mikey's face as he gulped.

"Don't worry bro, you got this." Leonardo encouraged causing Mikey to nod at his blue-branded sibling.

Leo hit a gong at the side of the room commencing the fight.

The vibration carried out through the room adding to the suspense. Mikey and Y/n stood on the rotating wooden cylinder, still as a rock, their eyes locked onto each other, and a fierce determination seething from within them both.