Clark Row-Chapter 3

After Clark found Anny, he took her to his place so she can be safe from the cold and from other reasons. When they arrived they got in very quickly 'cause of the freezing cold, and they lit up fire in his fireplace.

Clark Row-Do you want a blanket?

Anny- No, I'm ok.

Anny is exploring the place where Mr. Clark Row lives, while he is preparing something for both of them to eat. She goes upstairs to the attic and she finds some boxes where he had put some furniture. Among those furniture she found a picture which it shows Clark Row with a woman right next to him hugging a little girl. She goes downstairs and she asks him about that picture.

Anny- Mr. Row, who is this woman with the little girl in the picture?

Clark Row- Oh no, where did you find this picture, he asks nervously.

Anny- In some boxes in the attic.

Clark Row- Well, it's not something important anymore. It happened years ago.

Anny- What happened years ago?

Clark stops cooking, he takes Anny to the living room and he explains everything.

Clark Row- This woman, you see right next to me was my wife, and this kid was my daughter.

Anny- What happened?

Clark- One night, we were driving back to home. I don't remember why, but we were arguing for one important reason. Suddenly I lost the control of the car and our car fell from a cliff. I lived, but my wife and my daughter didn't make it.

Since then I hid everything which reminds me them. I moved from our old house. You see, this isn't the place I used to live, I was very rich but because of my depression I lost everything, my money, my business, my house, everything. That's why I came here, and now I work as a carpenter.

Anny- I'm very sorry, says sadly.

Clark Row- Well, as I said, that happened years ago. Now I got used to it.

Anny- My parents aren't the best either. You see, my mother doesn't really love me, my daddy leaves our home because he hates her and he doesn't have the money to pay the lawyer for the divorce. So you are not the only one who lives a nervous, tiring and sometimes terrible life. Everybody has some terrible moments.

Clark Row- You are a nice girl Anny.

Anny- Thank you.

Clark Row- (smiles at her)

It started to snow, so Clark couldn't drive her back to home. He set up his daughter's bed fro her to sleep. Anny spent the whole night there. When she woke up the weather was better. She went downstairs and she found Clark making pancakes.

Clark Row- How was your sleep?

Anny- Very nice!

Clark Row- (smiles). Would you like some pancakes?

Anny- Yes, please.

Clark Row- Syrup?

Anny- Yes.

Clark Row- After you finish your breakfast, I will drive you back to your home.

Anny- OK.

Clark Row- Are you going to do anything with your parents?

Anny- Actually, my grandparents are in Australia. They are rich too! But my mother left from them because she didn't like them very much. I don't understand why, they are very good people.

Clark Row- You have met them?

Anny- Yes, but I was very little.

Clark Row- You mean that you could go to live with them?

Anny- Yes, but I am little to travel alone.

Clark Row- You don't have their telephone?

Anny- No, unfortunately my mother erased it because she doesn't want to talk with them anymore.

Clark Row- Do they call you from time to time, just to hear about you?

Anny- I don't know.

Clark Row- Let's hope that everything will change, someday.

Anny- Yeap!!!

Anny finished her breakfast and they got ready to drive her back to home.

Clark Row- Here take this.

Anny- What's this?

Clark Row- That's my telephone number. If you ever need help, just call me and I'll be there.

Clark took his car and drove her back to home. When Anny arrived, and got in the house, she saw that her mother still wasn't there. She decided to go out and search for her.