Goodbye Lullaby- Chapter 8

27th of December, 2015

Adam Row- Anny, did you pack everything you want?

Anny- Yeah!!

Adam Row- Hurry up!! The cab will leave!

Anny- Just a second!...... (she goes downstairs) Ok, here I am!!

Adam Row- Let's go!

They get in the cab.

Taxi driver- Where are you going?

Adam Row- To the airport!

While they were heading to the airport they were stopped by the traffic. Something had happened which delayed them.

Taxi Driver- What the heck! Come on dude! Move your fat ass! Come on!

Adam Row- I'm going to see what's happening! (gets out of the car, runs towards the police officers) Hey, what's going on?

Police Officer- NO, stay away from the bridge! Stay away!

Adam Row- Why what happened?

Police Officer- Some terrorists have put a bomb in the base of the bridge! So......

2nd Police Officer- (interrupts) We have connection, they will response!

Police Officer- I'm sorry but I have to go now, duty calls!!

Suddenly a very loud noise was sound, and for a second the ground shook. Everybody started screaming.

Taxi Driver- What was that?

Adam Row- We have to take the other way.

Taxi Driver- Why? What happened?

Adam Row- Some terrorists have put a bomb on the base of the bridge. Now hurry up!

Taxi Driver- Ok, ok

(Radio: The explosion of the bomb has caused many injuries in many people. Luckily, nobody died.)

Taxi Driver- What kind of society is this? Nobody has soul anymore!

Airport*

Adam Row- So, what do I owe you?

Taxi Driver- You know what? Keep your money! I saw many terrifying things today, and I am not in a mood to take someone's money!

Adam Row- Um.... Ok! Thank you!

Adam Row- (speaks to Anny) Let's go and wait inside.

Anny- Ok!

Inside*

Adam Row- Ok! Did you take everything you want?

Anny- Yeap!

Adam Row- Are you sure? Food, water, cell phone.....

Anny- Yeap everything!!

Adam Row- Ok. Oh here's your money! I changed it from dollars to euros!! Don't put it in your backpack because someone might steal the backpack, you are going to put the half in your pocket and the other half in your boot!!

Anny- Ok!?

Adam Row- So now, let's just wait for the airplane.

Anny- Adam, will you promise me something?

Adam Row- Everything!

Anny- When I leave, I want you to call Clark, speak to him and be "friends" again.

Adam Row- I promise!

Anny- And.... because as I said when I leave my house will be your house!

Adam Row- What do you mean?

Anny- I am giving you my house!

Adam Row- No I can't do that!

Anny- Yes you can! Anyway, you live in the streets, so now where I am leaving and there's nobody else to live at the house you can take it, and live... forever!

Adam Row- Has anyone told you that except good girl you are also crazy!!!

Anny- (she laughs).

Adam Row- You know when I was a kid, the times I was ill or sad, my mother, in order to make me feel better, she was singing to me a song called "Goodbye Lullaby"

Anny- Adam please don't.

Adam Row- (starts singing).

After a while*

Adam Row- (finishes singing) (his eye is filling with tears)

Anny- The plane is here!

Adam Row- Remember what I told you about the money! (hugs her). Goodbye!

Anny- Don't forget the promises!

Adam Row- I won't!

Anny- Goodbye!

Adam Row- Bye!

Anny entered the plane, found her seat and sat down. While waiting for the plane to start, she looked outside the window and saw Adam staring. She said to him goodbye even though she knows that he can't hear her. The unbelievable is that he heard her, he felt her sweet voice telling him goodbye. Eventually the plane start, he kept looking at her until the plane disappeared in the clouds.

Adam Row- That was it Adam, she left too! Uhh.... the promises!!! (he calls Clark)

(Phone: Clark- Yeah?)

Adam Row- Hey Clark, it's me Adam.........!

Plane*

Air hostess- Excuse me! My girl, where are your parents?

Anny- Oh, they are in the front seats (she lied to her).

Air hostess- Oh, ok then.

Anny- Jesus Christ, they worry about everything!!!!!

Air hostess- (speaks through the microphone) Dear passengers, you will arrive to Portugal in four hours.

Anny- Ok Anny, four hours!!! (she wears her headphones and listens to music).

TO BE CONTINUED CHAPTER 9