Epilogue- (For now)

A note from the author- (please read)

To my dear and most treasured readers, 

Liberosis- (as the description of my book states) is a word used to describe the desire to care less. Caring too much, and expecting too much, oftentimes can be a sickness that possesses the mind. Particularly when one cares so deeply about as many things as I do. 

Family, work, and university. It all takes precedence over my writing- right now I have too much to focus on. I have grown so very fond of Aurora and my other merry can of OCs, that it wouldn't be fair to them (or to you), to leave the rest of their journey up in the air. So I have decided to compile the events that I had mapped out, to give this story some semblance of an end. Who knows? Perhaps I'll find time to finish writing this story when I settle into the relentless flurry of adult life. But for now, this is what it has to be. 

I appreciate each and every one of you, take care of yourselves 

May <3

The Rest of Catching Fire: 

- Wiress dies at the hands of the Career tributes, and Lorelei obtains a severe injury to her dominant arm in the fight. The battle also results in the deaths of both Cashmere and Gloss, Aurora mourns for them, knowing they, like Sage, were just a piece in Snow's game. 

-Lorelei and Aurora go for a hunt. In the distance, they can hear Katniss calling out desperately for her sister. The next thing they hear is Finnick roaring "That's my wife!" and Aurora runs after him.

-Beetee proposes his plan. Aurora, sensing that something may go wrong, takes Finnick by the hand, to share one final dance with him in the water, the waves lapping their feet like they do in District 4. 

- Beetee's genius plan goes into action, and Finnick, Lorelei and Peeta stay to guard Betee and the tree. Though Finnick argues against it, Aurora joins Katniss and Johanna. 

-As Aurora predicted, everything went to hell and in remembering her promise to Haymitch, she goes to find Peeta, taking off her necklace and engagement ring, giving it to Katniss to give to Finnick. Johanna cuts out Katniss's tracker.

- As she and Johanna find Peeta, she knows the risk of her and the boy getting out is low as they still have their trackers. In a moment of quick thinking, she found the coil of wire still attached to the tree, wrapping it multiple times around her head and bracing as the violent blast of lightning rendered her unconscious. The last thought in her mind was the boy she skipped school with, the boy she'd painted a hundred- a thousand- times. Finnick. 

-Katniss, Finnick, Beetee and Lorelei are rescued. Finnick discovers that Aurora is still in the arena. Additionally, he finds out that Annie, Reign and Ophelia were rounded up and taken to the Capitol. Mags managed to escape with both of Ophelias' children. Nothing has been heard about Aurora's family.

Mockingjay (Parts 1&2):

-Aurora wakes in the Capitol with no memory of who she is. She's in a hospital ward, but something seems wrong. In a meeting with a doctor and a man who introduces himself as Coriolanus, she discovers that she has suffered a miscarriage. She is taken to a grand room in his house, discovering that it's all hers. There is only one thing that she remembers, a tall boy with bronze hair, a charming smile and seafoam green eyes- Finn. 

- At District 13, Finnick, Katniss and the rest were in Peeta's interview- after which Finnick panicked because there was no mention of Aurora at all.  Meanwhile, Aurora is being treated like royalty in the Capitol, being gifted art supplies as a psychologist suggests she try a paint out the things she may see in her dreams. Aurora asks her friend, now affectionately referred to as Coryo if he knows of anyone called Finn. Coryo tells her that Finn is a bad man, a serial romantic who broke her heart and a prostitute. 

- Katniss' first broadcast results in rebels being rounded up and executed publicly, the rebels from District 4- Aurora's entire family. Snow is furious after the rebel's stunt and- growing tired of Aurora's lack of progress, dumps her in the training centre with the rest of the tributes. All of which remember her. 

- Reign, after trying to remind Aurora who Finnick was to her, is killed- his death is strikingly reminiscent of Thorns in the arena and triggers Aurora to remember everything. But for the protection of District 13 and Finnick- she feigns the amnesia. 

- A team is sent to the Capitol to collect the tributes, meanwhile, Finnick is broadcasted to tell his story to the world. 

- Ophelia is killed trying to protect Aurora from being tortured, Aurora goes absolutely ballistic and takes on 3 peacekeepers on her own with nothing to defend herself with but a shard of glass. She kills all of them, of course. Peeta volunteers to take her punishment to save the malnourished girl, but Aurora refuses to let the boy do it. "You protected me in there, let me protect you out here," he tells her. 

-Snow, realising it's better torture for Aurora to watch the people she loves to suffer, drugs Peeta relentlessly with tracker jacket venom and makes her watch the whole thing. 

- Finnick and Aurora are reunited at District 13, Mags tells Aurora about her family, and Johanna is the one to tell Phoenix and Astrid about their parents. Lorelei decides to adopt the kids, it would have been what Atlas- their godfather, would have wanted. 

- With Coin's overly eager permission, the two decide to marry. There's no water like there usually is in District Four, but all together it's a beautiful ceremony. Haymitch walks her down the aisle, Annie's husband and former member of Aurora's prep crew, Blaze does her makeup and Peeta- after much begging from Aurora, bakes her cake. 

-Peeta, Johanna, Annie and Aurora have formed a trio of traumatised besties- additionally, along with Finnick and Lorelei, they are a united front of Gale haters.

-Finnick and Aurora join Katniss to film more propo's in the storming of the Capitol, after a long crusade, eventually joined by Peeta, they continue on with Katniss' plan to kill the President. Aurora saves Finnick from the mutts in the sewers. The group continued on their march to the Capitol, Prim was killed in the bombing planned by G*le. 

Aftermath:

- While Katniss, Peeta and Haymitch all go back to District 12, the rest return to District Four. Commander Paylor puts forward Aurora to be the new Mayor of the District. Predictably, and rightfully so, Aurora said "Fuck That," 

-Lorelei and Johanna have a small wedding, and even Haymitch takes the train to come watch it. Finnick walks Lorelei down the aisle, and Johanna is walked by Aurora.

- After a long life, Mags passes away surrounded by all her loved ones, from the woman who practically raised Finnick is where Aurora and Finnick find the name of their first child, Mags Elsie Odair. Their second is named Thorn Peeta Odair after two of the boys whole saved her life. Their final child is named Atlas Haymitch Odair. They play in the cove like their parents, without fear of the reaping, with hearts full of love and bellies full of biscuits from their Uncle out in District 12. They are told all about their Uncle Atlas, their Aunt Ophelia, and Grandma Mags, they learn to twirl tridents for fun, not survival. 

Together they heal.