Chapter 11

"What?!? You can't do this! There is nothing wrong within the walls of my home that she has to be removed from it. What that teacher saw in the halls was probably Roman and Eclipse having a moment together. They are pretty close. If you take Eclipse away, my son will feel lost without her. He will feel like half of him is missing. You can't do this," Olivia screamed as the deputy pulled up. Olivia spotted Eclipse and the deputy getting out of the car together, making their way up to the front of the house. "Eclipse, darling why don't you tell the sheriff that this is all a misunderstanding, and that you're truly happy here with Shelley, Roman and I."

Eclipse avoided eye contact as Oliva moved out of the way, allowing Eclipse and the deputy to walk up to the room to collect her things.

"If you truly feel that this was a false accusation made against you and your family, then feel free to fight it in court," Sheriff Sworn said.

"Oh trust me, I plan on fighting this and getting my adopted daughter back where she truly belongs," Olivia said.

"I wish you the best of luck in fighting this case against you Mrs. Godfrey, because once the judge hears about all of this, it may be some time before you even manage to get Eclipse back. But don't you worry, I already have a good family who is more than willing to take Eclipse into their home. As a matter of fact, they insisted that Eclipse be moved in right away, that way you don't have opportunity to try and beat Eclipse down any more than you already have," Sheriff Sworn said.

"Is that what this is about? You truly believe that I go out of my way to hurt Eclipse and make her feel as though she doesn't belong part of this family? If that were the truth, I wouldn't spend a damn dime caring for Eclipse's appearance. Ever since I had taken Eclipse in, I have been treating her very well and getting her everything that she could ever want," Olivia said before Eclipse walked down the stairs with a few bags in hand. "Darling, why are you carrying all of those bags with you? You won't be needing all of those bags, because you won't be staying long, wherever they are planning on bringing you. It's only temporary. Before you know it will be back here with Roman and Shelley."

"Mrs. Godfrey, until you can prove that you treat Eclipse well and don't put her any form of abuse, it's best that you don't get your hopes up. You are going to have quite a bit to prove to the court that you truly have Eclipse's best interest at heart," Sheriff Sworn said while his deputy escorted Eclipse out of the house.

Olivia stood there watching as Eclipse got into the car, before the deputy closed the door and got in himself before driving off. "Does my son know that you are removing Eclipse from the house?"

"What does Eclipse leaving have to do with Roman knowing about it or not," Sheriff Sworn asked.

Olivia glared at the sheriff. "My son is quite fond of Eclipse. He's used to doing practically everything with her. Yet you still believe that it would be in her best interest to remove Eclipse from my home, where she is very much loved."

"Your son will have to wait until he returns home from school to learn about why Eclipse no longer residing in your home with you and your family. Have a good day Mrs. Godfrey," Sheriff Sworn said before walking away from an annoyed Olivia.

The damn nerve the sheriff and his department have thinking that they can come marching in here and telling me that I have to go to court to fight to get Eclipse back into my care. Roman will not be happy when he learns about the Sheriff showing up at the house taking Eclipse away, all because the cops don't deem us good enough to take care of Eclipse and her everything that she needs, Olivia thought to herself while watching Sheriff Sworn. Once Sheriff Sworn was out of sight, Olivia slammed the door shut, deciding to call Norman to see if he could offer her some calming words.