Debut Day!!!

August 2022

Six girls stood at the back of the stage in utter nervousness. Although Garam has performed on stage before the other girls haven't.

Minji was indifferent, mostly due to her training experience. No matter what happened the eldest was always composed no matter the situation.

Hanni was feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness, a normal reaction. Being a Vietnamese idol was still very rare and she was nervous about the reactions.

Danielle was just purely nervous and Garam could feel her legs shaking. The girl grew nervous as the days passed by and she had to have ajumma to calm her down.

Haerin has this bloodthirsty smirk that scared her. To be honest, she should be more concerned about her than the show itself. The girl had a reputation of being aggressive on stage. Garam was afraid her competitive nature might show live and embarrass the group.

Hyein had perhaps the strangest reaction. She was looking away at the decorations plastered around them. Cutouts of them and other idols groups stuck to the walls. Ever since they drove here Hyein was always distracted by something. Maybe its anxiety, maybe she genuinely thought the place looked cool.

"Bored right here where's the party at yo?" Hyein said off handedly humming a BTS tune.

"Ugh! When is the show gonna start? I wanna kick ass!" Haerin crossed her arms impatiently.

"Be patient Haerin-ah you know how time consuming preparations are." Minji stated with a calm expression. She still held a patient expression.

"I have been patient it's been damn near thirty minutes and nothing's happening. They're wasting our fucking time!" Haerin cursed.

"Language! We're idols now. You can't talk like you normally do. We need to be professional." Danielle reminded her.

"Bullshit those rules are stupid!" Haerin cursed again before Garam elbowed her to quiet down.

"Seriously Garam-ah. I don't know how you can be so calm. With the public still against you. I would be terrified showing my face again!" Hanni said to her.

At the mention some bad memories started to creep back up. She almost forgot how long it has been since the backlash happened. Garam being the strong girl she is just shrugged off the memories.

"Don't get me wrong I am a little nervous! It's been three months since I last performed but learned I can't dwell in that fear. To do that is to give those haters what they want. They would love to see a weak Garam who can't perform on stage. I don't want to give them that satisfaction. That's how Wonyoung sunbae handles hate." Garam reassured with the smile.

Of course, she was more than familiar with the former maknae of Izone. In fact, she was very popular among boys and girls in her school. Her innocent charms and enthusiastic smiles tugged the hearts of many, but that was when she was still in Izone. In Ive it was a different story. She was scrutinized for everything that she did. They accused her putting herself on a pedestal over others. Some called her a brat. As a result, anything she remotely does gets criticized online. Despite that the young girl never broke down. She just smiled as if nothing ever happened. In a way she admires her spirit. Even in the face of negativity she always pulled her weight and that deserves some type of award.

Her thoughts were stopped by the gestures of the staff as New Jeans entered on stage. There are hundreds perhaps almost a thousand here excited to watch them perform live on stage. It's no secret that their debut has been highly anticipated for quite some time. She could almost feel the excitement. Once the intro finishes the girls began to dance.