Weird Encounters

October 2022

Garam's first month of school could be best described as chaotic. With New Jeans just debuting this created a new problem as students were watching her every move. With a face as iconic as hers, she was very easy to spot. Now she understood why being an idol was hard. There was almost no time for privacy. If it wasn't for Minji she would've been overwhelmed.

Even Hanni had her own share of problems. She found herself not being able to reach to Garam due to incoming fans. The Vietnamese Aussie assured Garam everything was going to be alright.

Dressed in only the most graceful as she possibly can in her uniform. She looked carefully for any would be fans.

"Looks like I made it early. It was really smart taking Minji unnie's advice!" Garam patted herself on the back. Entering the classroom there was less students crowding up the hall. She mentally thanks Minji for letting her know beforehand. Her sudden fame was starting to prove troublesome.

She imagined scenarios where she could slip away without being seen. Sort of like those noir villains.

"You look so pretty Garam-ah" Waved a female student passing by.

"Gamsahabnida! I styled it myself today. I might post it online later!" Garam replied bowing at her.

"Today is looking like a pretty good day." Garam smiled gratefully. She whistled all the way to the classroom. Setting her thing aside she quickly got to reviewing notes for an upcoming quiz. While was nothing difficult, it did require memorization. She was grateful for Hanni for helping remember key words.

"It's already been more than a month and so far, no major conflict has happened. Being the first month already everyone is busy reuniting with old friends. I should still be on guard." Garam thought with caution. The last thing she wanted was to be blindsided by an unsuspecting student.

"Watch where you're going!" Cried out a female student as she stumbled in front of Yechan who was panting for some reason.

"Finally made it in time!!" Yechan said with a dramatic victory.

"He really is the definition of weird." Garam thought as Yechan happily walked to his seat. She now knows he was distracted.

"No wonder why he couldn't see. He was too busy on his music rather than studying. I don't know how he even made it this far." Garam rolled her eyes.

He then saw that same girl arrive. She felt a sense of relief as she waved at Garam.

"Yo Garam-ah!"

"Unnie!" Garam hugged her happily reuniting with her. They grew exceptionally close as friends this past month.

"How are you doing with Nmixx?"

"Great! We've been promoting live here, there, and everywhere. KCON was really fun. We got to meet all the sunbaes!" Jiwoo explained with excitement.

"Same here. We actually went all the way to Saudi Arabia to perform. It was phenomenal!" Garam smiled at the memories. She met some amazing seniors from StayC.

"You're so lucky to meet StayC! I always wanted to say hello to them!!" Jiwoo shouted, jealous as Garam laughed.

"It seems this class is awfully chatty. Shall I start a pop quiz?" Immediately when the teacher said that the kids returned to their seats and stayed quiet.

"Good because we have a lot to cover. Please take out your textbooks to continue where we left off yesterday." The teacher adjusted his glasses as he recited random notes she already written.