Making a Presence at the Mamas

December 2022

"Yo!" Hyein waved at all the girls from other groups backstage. The rival groups just looked at her strangely. 

"This girlie..." Hanni facepalmed.

"She's really an idiot." Haerin also facepalmed.

"Don't be so hard on her girls they're part of the show as well. It doesn't matter if they're rivals or not." Danielle chimed in.

Garam saw her old team of Le Sserafim. Yujin waved happily to her.

"UNNIE!!" Eunchae collided against her like a rocket. Garam almost lost her balance at the collision."

"IMISSYOU IMISSYOU IMISSYOU IMISSYOU IMISSYOU!!" She cried out.

"Clam down It's been a month Eunchae! You're acting like we haven't seen other for years." She patted the girl's head. It was one of her favorite things while they were trainees.

"Hiya Garam-ah!" Jiwoo waves casually.

"Jiwoo unnie it's nice to see you girls again.

"It pleasant to meet you Sullyoon. How do you feel about the finals?" Minji asked.

"Don't even get me started on that! I barely got it started on the final project!" Sullyoon said with a hint of stress.

"Seems like we aren't the only seniors with stress." Bahiyyih and the girls of Kep1er arrived to the scene. Garam took a good look at Kep1er. She could tell she was Kai's sister by the looks of it. It was as she was staring at a female version of him.

"You really do look like Kai oppa." Hyein stated.

"I do get that a lot. Kai is my older brother, the one who keeps inspiring me to do my best." Bahiyyih said in a genuine tone. Garam smiles sweetly at that.

Kazuha is seen conversing in Japanese with Hikaru and Mashiro and Ive's Rei.

"So this is the fellow idol who fought against the bullying accusations? My you look prettier in person." The gigantic but beautiful Wonyoung smiled with such grace.

"It's like I'm staring at royalty." Garam bowed awkwardly.

"Wonyoung you're being too formal tone it down a little!" Japanese idol Hina put her hand on her shoulder. She was several centimeters shorter, to the point where the difference is very obvious.

"But I am trying unnie!! Getting used to this princess role is too hard!!" Wonyoung said with a childish wine.

The girls all blinked in confusion.

"Is that really the same Wonyoung unnie?" Garam said with her mouth wide open.

"As usual you two make me look like a complete idiot in front of our rivals." Yujin shook her head apprehensively. She had a level of strictness like no other.

"Wonyoung, Yujin hey!!" Chaerin greeted him.

"Chae unnie, Kkura unnie?..." Wonyoung said.

"Longtime no see Chae unnie I'm so proud how far became! You're like a different person now!" Hina walked over.

"Gomawo for always believing in me Hina-ah." Chaewon said sweetly.

"You haven't changed a bit kouhai you look as short as ever." Sakura teased in Japanese.

"Oi don't start with that senpai! My height is pretty normal for Japanese standards. You're just built like a Kaiju monster! You and Wonyoung are like Godzilla!!" Hina said in Japanese imitating the Godzilla roar.

The reunions were cut short as the the dozens of girls all stepped forward for a group performance. With the abundance of girl groups debuted, Mnet wanted to highlight a special dubbed "Girls Generation" Each group would cover the other's. NewJeans ended up covering Le Sserafin. Bunnies and Featnots rejoiced as seeing Garam cover the debut song for the first time since her departure. It brought old feelings of nostalgia despite being a few months.

The fanfare was massive. Garam was part of the new generation of girl groups. While Wonyoung, Bahiyyih, and Sullyoon were the it girls of their own groups, Garam was the main face of NewJeans. As such when their turn came Garam came dressed in utter style. Her long hair was dyed a reddish color without any bangs of course. Believe her that she tried wearing it and it didn't suit her look at all. She imagined herself as Elizabeth Taylor.

She did all the dance breaks she was required flashing her iconic aegyo of pointing her two fingers at her dimples for an extra effect. She later joined Minji for another short dance off before the girls of NewJeans made their appearance. They dances to short versions of their hit songs before they sang a full version of Hype Boy, their biggest hit.

[Garam] 1,2,3,4 Baby got me looking so crazy ppajyeobeorineun Daydream
Got me feeling you neodo malhaejullae
[Hanni] Nuga naege mworadeun namdeulgwaneun dalla neon
Maybe you could be the one
[Danielle] Nal mideobwa hanbeon I'm not looking for just fun
Maybe I could be the one
[Hyein] Oh baby yeminhadae na Lately
Neo eopsineun maeil maeiri Yeah jaemieopseo eojjeoji
[Minji] I just want you call my phone right now I just wanna hear you're mine
[Garam] 'Cause I know what you like boy you're my chemical hype boy
[Danielle] Nae jinannaldeureun nun tteumyeon ijneun kkum
Hype boy neoman wonhae Hype boy naega jeonhae
[Hanni] And we can go high malhaebwa Yeah neukkyeobwa Mm mm
Take him to the sky you know I hype you boy
[Hyein] Nuneul gama malhaebwa Yeah neukkyeobwa Mm mm
Take him to the sky you know I hype you boy
[Minji] Jame deullyeogo jame deullyeo haedo
Ne saenggage tto saebyeok se si Uh-oh
Allyeojul geoya They can't have you no more
Bwabwa yeogi nae ireum sseoitdago Yeah
[Haerin] Nuga naege mworadeun namdeulgwaneun dalla neon
Maybe you could be the one
[Hanni] Nal mideobwa hanbeon I'm not looking for just fun
Maybe I could be the one
[Garam] Oh baby yeminhadae na Lately
Neo eopsineun maeil maeiri Yeah jaemieopseo eojjeoji
[Minji] I just want you call my phone right now I just wanna hear you're mine
[Haerin] 'Cause I know what you like boy you're my chemical hype boy
[Hanni] Nae jinannaldeureun nun tteumyeon ijneun kkum
Hype boy neoman wonhae Hype boy naega jeonhae
[Danielle] And we can go high malhaebwa Yeah neukkyeobwa Mm mm
Take him to the sky you know I hype you boy
[Hyein] Nuneul gama malhaebwa Yeah neukkyeobwa Mm mm
Take him to the sky you know I hype you boy
Music end

Despite not being nir winning a single award NewJeans still made their presence known this year. For the first time she felt the thrill of the stage. People were genuinely cheering for her. She saw her old team of Le Sserafim supporting her. She saw Jiwoo and Sullyoon supporting her, most importantly she saw her own parents support her. This would go down of one of Garam's favorite moments.