hurt - jill valentine

September 28, 1998.

The day the world went to utter shit.

You and your girlfriend, Jill, have once again found yourselves caught up in a dire situation. This time, however, it involves fucking zombies, of all things.

Currently, you're sat in a room deep within Umbrella's underground lab, propped up against a cold, unforgiving wall.

You and Jill had been fighting some sort of monster that might have been called a 'Pale Head'. Or at least that's what you think it was. Both you and Jill had been trying to kill the fucker, not realising it's fast regeneration. While trying to kill it, it dug its nasty claws into your thigh, ripping the skin. As it viciously tore into your thigh, a scream escaped your lips, the pain finally registering.

You were now left with an excruciating wound, that was bleeding more and more by the second.

Jill shot her gun one last time at the creature, knocking it down for god knows how long. All you hoped for was that it would be long enough for you to get to a safe spot.

You were barely standing as you tried to stop the intense bleeding coming from your thigh. Jill immediately ran over to you, wrapping your arm around her shoulder, her arm going around your waist.

"Y/N, you're going to be okay... I promise," she said, still panting as she tried to catch her breath from the fight that happened just seconds ago.

She led you away and into some room that surprisingly didn't have any undead lurking in the shadows, ready to jump out at you at any given second.

"I have to let go of you for a second, Y/N. I have to lock the door. Can you stand on your own?" Jill looked down at you as she spoke.

As she spoke to you, you noticed the concern that was painted across her face and the worry that laced her voice.

"Y-yeah. I think so," you stuttered, feeling dizzy and light-headed as you responded.

"Alright. Ready?" Jill asked, her words filled with a tone of uneasiness.

You gave her one small and simple nod and as soon as you did, she let go of you. Immediately, she went to lock the door. You swayed for a couple of seconds before falling to the ground, just barely catching yourself. You leaned against a wall, now sitting.

After successfully locking the door, Jill turned back to you and straight away took notice of how pale and weak you looked. She rushed to you, kneeling on the ground next to you.

"Fucking hell, Y/N. That doesn't look good at all," she mumbled as her gaze locked on the wound on your thigh and then back on your face, "How are you feeling?"

"Exhausted. I don't know how much longer I can last like this, Jill..." You sounded just as drained as you felt..Tears shimmered in your eyes, threatening to spill. The pain, the fatigue, it was all just more than you could ever possibly handle.

"Please don't say that. You'll be fine. We'll make it out of this, together." It sounded more like she was trying to convince herself rather than you.

Jill's hand reached out to yours. She let her hand rest on top of yours, her hands extremely warm in comparison to yours. Or maybe you were just extremely cold.

Sweat fell from your forehead and down your face, even though you felt like you were freezing. This wasn't looking good. You were even starting to get a fever.

"I'm going to look for some bandages. Something has to be around here," Jill said, now standing up, letting go of your hand.

She didn't realise just how bad this whole thing was until now. Her fear and anxiety were at an all-time high. She was scared for you. She didn't want you to leave her yet. She wasn't ready at all.

You just nodded your head once, feeling even more tired than before; if that was even possible at this point. Jill looked around the room, opening every single cabinet that she could.

As a S.T.A.R.S. officer, Jill had basic first aid knowledge that she would hopefully be able to use in this situation. You trusted her and you knew she'd try her best, no matter what.

After finishing looking around the room, she came back with some bandages and a bottle that looked like it could be antiseptic.

Jill looked down at you and she noticed how you were finding breathing harder and harder. Your breathing appeared difficult and shallow. She knew she would have to act fast.

"Y/N, I have to warn you; this is going to sting like a bitch," she felt sorry for the fact she was about to cause you more pain, but it had to be done.

"Just.. do it," your words came out quiet, almost like a whisper. You just wanted this to be over with already.

Jill pours some antiseptic onto a gauze pad. Almost right away, she wipes the gauze over your wound causing you to bite your lip and draw in a sharp breath. She muttered a small 'sorry' as she cleaned the wound on your thigh.

Once she was done, Jill put some dressing directly on top of the wound. She then wrapped a bandage over the dressing.

You felt like you were about to pass out. You had lost so much blood in such a small amount of time, it was honestly a miracle you were still alive. "It's done," she told you as she glanced at your face, "Y/N?"

You're on the brink of unconsciousness. But it's almost like hearing your girlfriend's voice makes you feel like you have to fight. You can't leave her alone. Not now, not ever. You try to fight the exhaustion, for Jill.

"Hm?" is all you could say.

You don't have the energy to say anything else. But you just want to let her know you're still here, with her.

"Just hold on. I'm not letting you die tonight. Not like this," her words are filled with a tone of confidence. She's not letting you go out this way.

A small smile plays on the edge of your lips at her words. You manage to gather enough energy to respond, "I love you."

"I love you too, Y/N. That's why I have to get you out of here."

She scoops you up into her arms, holding you bridal style. She's ready to take on anything and everything, just for you.