mission - chris redfield

Rain poured outside, creating a gentle 'pitter-patter' as it met the ground. The living room was bathed in dim light, casting somber shadows across your faces.

You and Chris found yourselves locked in a heated argument. Raised voices and intense emotions filled the room. Chris's face reddened with anger as he shouted, while your hands trembled, tears threatening to spill.

Chris was being sent on a dangerous mission, and you were desperate to go with him. He, however, didn't agree.

"Chris, please! Just let me come with you! You have to have someone else with you. It's too dangerous to go by yourself!" Your voice pleaded, wishing he'd just listen and let you come along.

"No. Nothing you say can make me change my answer, Y/N." His stern tone makes you realise that there's no point in trying to convince him. But you're still going to try.

"Why do you have to be so goddamn stubborn?! You need someone to defend you out there!" You raise your voice as you speak, starting to feel more frustrated by the moment.

"Oh, I'm stubborn? Seriously, Y/N? You're the one who won't take no for a fucking answer! I'm not letting you come with me and that's for your own good. Just give up already because it's not happening." Chris clenched his jaw as his eyes pierced through you with an almost threatening glare.

"No! I'm coming with you. I don't care whether you want me to or not because you can't stop me." You crossed your arms and squared your shoulders, determined to stand your ground. There's nothing he could do to stop you from going.

He lets out a deep sigh of frustration before speaking with a raised voice, "Why can't you see I'm doing this to protect you?! You're not coming with me, and I will stop you if I have to." Chris' hands clenched into fists, before relaxing.

Your eyes are narrowed as you challenge him, "To protect me?! What about yourself? Do you even think of what could happen to you?" Your frustration was evident through the way you were acting, but so was a tinge of sadness. Chris wasn't even thinking about what could happen to him out there. And the thought of him injured, scared, or even worse - dead - truly terrified you.

"I knew what I was getting into when I took this job. I knew all the dangers. That's why I can't let you come with me. And that's final." He spoke firmly, his voice calmer than it was a couple of seconds ago.

Your voice took on a sharp edge, "Well I don't need your permission to go anyways!"

"Stop being so fucking stubborn, Y/N!" He yells, taking a step forward, closing the gap between you two, your eyes locked in a heated gaze. He continues speaking in a sadder tone, "Do you know what would happen to me if I lost you out there? If I was the reason you died because I couldn't protect you? Or I couldn't get there in time?" Chris sighs before speaking again, "I wouldn't be able to live with myself, knowing I'm the reason you died. And I can't risk that. I can't let you go with me, and I won't. Please, Y/N. Just listen to me this time. I can't lose you..." His voice trailed off as he finished his speech.

It's almost like the rain outside is mirroring the emotional storm inside.

He looked down at you with a downturned mouth and furrowed brows. You felt bad for shouting at him and causing a whole argument. But you still weren't going to change your answer. You were far too determined.

You choose not to respond and you just hug him, wrapping your arms around his neck. Chris hugs back even tighter, holding you by your waist. You bury your face in his chest and take in his scent. You guys both stand there, holding each other for a while, until you slowly pull away.

You start to speak as you look up into his blue eyes, "I'm sorry for shouting and starting this whole... thing. I'm just scared something will happen to you on the mission. And I just wanted to make sure someone has your back out there." Your gaze dropped to the wooden floor, your shoulders slumping with guilt and shame. All the shouting and the arguing was your fault completely.

Chris cups your cheek with his hand and makes you look up at him, "It's okay, Y/N. I get it. I wouldn't want you to go on such a dangerous mission by yourself either. But I promise I'll come back to you. I won't let anything stop me from seeing you." He continues speaking, "I need you to promise me something; you won't go on this mission with me."

You let out a quiet sigh before responding quietly, "I promise." You felt bad for lying to Chris but you knew that if you didn't agree, the whole argument would just start again. And there was no point in that. He wouldn't be able to change your mind, and you wouldn't be able to change his.

The corner of his mouth curves up in a small smile and he starts to lean in. As your lips meet, a rush of warmth and electricity surges through both of you. The touch of his lips against yours sends shivers down your spine, igniting a fire of desire that had been smouldering since the argument.

Chris's hand, still cupping your cheek, conveyed a mixture of tenderness and longing, his thumb gently caressing your skin. Your heart raced, its frantic beats echoing in your chest, matching the rhythm of your passionate kiss.

The taste of his lips filled your senses as you both deepened the kiss, lost in the intensity of the moment. As you broke apart, the air seemed charged with an undeniable connection, leaving you both breathless. Chris smiles at you and whispers, "I love you so much, Y/N."