with me - chris redfield

TW: mentions of abuse
_______________________________________

Recently, you have been coming into work exhausted. Mentally, as well as physically. It was starting to show in your performance and your co-workers were starting to realise, mainly Chris, however.

For the past couple of weeks, your boyfriend has started getting more physical. Hitting you, punching you, anything he could to hurt you. You weren't sure why, you hadn't done anything. And you were too scared to fight back, knowing the amount of power he had over you.

You were trying to hide all the new bruises and cuts but it was slowly getting harder to do so every day. Especially during things like training, with your sleeves constantly rolling up, showing off your arms and the rest of your body.

Chris had recently also started to notice that you were losing weight at an alarming rate. It looked as if you were having little to no food. You were pale and you looked sickly to those around you.

To make matters worse, your sudden weight loss made you feel constantly weak and tired. Which wasn't good for your job. You needed the strength and you needed the energy. Otherwise, you'd be no good.

You're talking to Jill when you notice Chris slowly approaching you both, his expression grave.

"I need to talk to you," Chris says, a serious look spread across his face.

"Like right now?" you ask, not particularly in the mood for a heavy conversation.

"Yes, right now, Y/N."

"Fine," you respond as you start to follow him, walking to his office.

Chris leads you into his office, closing the door behind you both. He looks deeply concerned as he begins to speak, "Y/N, I've been noticing some changes in you lately. Your exhaustion, the bruises, and the sudden weight loss - it's all really alarming. Are you okay? Is there something you want to talk to me about?"

You hesitate, unsure of whether to tell Chris about the abusive relationship you're stuck in, or deal with it yourself. Honestly, the second option is looking more appealing to you right now.

You look down for a moment, gathering your thoughts. Taking a deep breath, you decide it's best to lie, at least for now, "I'm okay, Chris. Nothing for you to worry about."

Chris's concern deepens as he watches you closely. He knows there is more to the story, more than what you're letting on and he wants to find out what it is. He won't let you leave without a proper answer.

He's starting to grow impatient at the lack of response. "Bullshit, Y/N. I know something's going on so just tell me what it is."

Chris's stern tone and unwavering concern make you want to reconsider your decision to keep your situation hidden. You want to tell him but at the same time, you aren't sure what he might do to your boyfriend if he finds out. Not that your boyfriend doesn't deserve it, because he absolutely does, but you don't want something to happen to Chris if someone were to find out what he had done to your boyfriend. And you don't want something to happen to Chris because of your own problems.

"I told you, I'm fine! Just.. leave me alone!" you shout, feeling the weight of your secret pressing down on you. You try to push past Chris, however, he gently but firmly blocks your path."Y/N, please," Chris implores, his voice softening as he reaches out to place a comforting hand on your shoulder.

"I care about you, and I can see that something is seriously wrong. You don't have to go through this alone. Whatever it is, I'm here to help."

"I said I'm fine," you respond and with that, you walk out of his office, slamming the door behind you.