nemesis - carlos oliveira

You and Carlos had been trying to find more survivors to gather at the train station, fighting off a lot of undead on your search. The undead, however, were not the only problem.

A tyrant, whose name you learned was Nemesis, was another problem to add to your list.

While roaming the streets of Raccoon City, you hear loud footsteps behind you and Carlos. It can't possibly be more zombies because they're not that loud, so what the hell is it?

You and Carlos turn around and you're met with a terrifying sight. It appears to be a towering, mutated monstrosity with gruesome deformities and a grotesque appearance. Its head is elongated, and its skull is exposed, revealing pulsating, mutated brain tissue. Its mouth is filled with sharp teeth, giving it a menacing and carnivorous appearance. It's wearing a tattered trench coat and looks well over 7 feet tall, making it a literal giant compared to you.

"What the fuck?.." you mutter under your breath, disgusted but more scared than anything.

The creature held a menacing glare as it stared at both of you, just a few mere feet in front of it.

Your breathing becomes faster and more shallow as your heart pounds in your chest. You don't move a single muscle, unsure of what's going to come next.

You glance over at Carlos on your left, who seems to be keeping his composure pretty well. How the fuck can he look so calm?

You have no time to think before Nemesis lunges forward, coming right at you both. Carlos dodges and goes to the left, but you happen to go to the right.

Nemesis whips around, turning to Carlos. You have to do something. And fast.

You decide to whistle at Nemesis, catching its attention, and making it look at you.

"Here, boy!" you call out to it as if it were a dog.

This seems to work though because it starts heading towards you. You start to realise that you seriously didn't think this one through.

Having no idea what to do, your feet stay glued to the ground. All you can do is stand and watch as it gets closer, ready to kill you.

You clench your fists as you feel your palms slowly start sweating. All the anxiety and fear was finally getting to you.

"Y/N!" Carlos shouts to you, moments before Nemesis throws you against a nearby wall.

After being violently hurled against the wall, you crumpled to the ground, clutching your aching ribs. Your face contorted in pain as your heartbeat pounded in your ears, drowning out the distant sounds of Carlos, who was now shooting at Nemesis.

You slowly begin to feel a warm substance coming out of your side. You winced as you clutched your side, where a jagged shard of metal had pierced your flesh. Blood welled around the foreign object. Luckily for you, you were wearing nearly all black clothes, meaning it at least wouldn't stain.

Each breath sent waves of excruciating pain through your body but you weren't the type to give up so easily.

You pull the object out carefully, not wanting to do any further damage. You didn't want Carlos to know about this. You didn't want to make him worry any more than he already was. Sure, it wouldn't necessarily be easy to keep a secret, you could certainly try, however.

You zip up your leather jacket, hoping it will do the job and hide your injury.

You look up and see Nemesis starting to kneel on the ground, clearly stunned by one of Carlos' shots. As soon as Carlos knows it's down, he runs over to you.