Picture Terror

"No..."

I murmured staring at the picture on my phone.

"Hm? What's the matter Alex?"

Esme asked with worry.

"My carrrrrrrr!"

I moaned, showing everyone the picture of my burnt to a crisp car.

"My poor baby!"

I cried and everyone else laughed.

"Don't laugh!"

I yelled pouting.

"This car was so freaking expensive!"

"We'll maybe for your birthday your mom will get you a new one."

Emmett joked and I glared.

"Its a car. Not a Goldfish."

I deadpanned causing more laughter. Am I suddenly a comedian or what? I sighed and ran a hand threw my hair. My phone buzzed again and I prepared myself for another gruesome picture. I opened my phone and felt my heart constrict. It was Vane....standing basically cheek to cheek with some blonde girl. They were smiling, well Vane more like smirking. I swallowed hard. He eyes were glowing that dangerous red. I closed my phone, I couldn't stare at the picture a moment longer. Worry set itself like cement in my stomach. That girl... I pray to god she's okay....

"Oh! Um Alex you must be hungry! Lets go to the kitchen and get you something to eat?"

Emse said and I gave her a quizzical look.

"Great idea Esme! While the rest of the children get situated Alex can have something for lunch!"

Carlisle agreed quickly.

"Come on Alex lets see what's in the kitchen!"

Esme said grabbing my hand.

"Urm....Okay?"

I said confused letting Esme drag me to the kitchen.

"So what would you like? A sandwich maybe?"

"Uh sure a sandwich is fine..."

"How about a turkey and cheese?"

"Sure Esme that sounds great..."

I said glancing at the doorway back to the family room. Okay something really is up! I glance at Esme, her back was turned to me as she rumbled through the fridge for ingredients. I closed my eyes and tried to listen to the others conversation. I wasn't hearing much but I could pick up a word or two that worried me. Vampire? Red eyes? What do they know? Their conversation seem to end soon as I heard the words and I frowned.

"Here you go all done! Hope mayonnaise is alright with you."

I opened my eyes and stared at the plate in front of me.

"Yeah it's fine, Esme. Thanks"

I said absentmindedly and took the plate.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to stay here?"

I ask picking at the sandwich crust and Esme gaze become quizzical.

"Of course! You will be treated like a member of the family here. Please don't worry Alex you're no trouble at all."

She coaxed smiling softly and I nodded nibbling on a piece of turkey. Carlisle walked into the kitchen giving me a unsure look before his eyes turned back to Esme,bursting with adoration and happiness.

"Esme my dear, may I speak with Alex in private?"

He asked smiling brightly at Esme who returned his loving look.

"Yes it's fine."

She told him walking out the room and Carlisle took a seat in front of me. A serious look framing his face along with concern.

"You're anorexic aren't you?"

He said and I froze. I looked up at his face which was serious and I leaned back in my chair.

"No."

I answered staring him in the eye. I pushed my tongue against my cheek.

"A bit rude to assume that isn't it?"

I said just as serious crossing my arms. I was lying but I was damn good at it. Lying became a daily thing when your mom works for a corporation that could end with just the wrong words.

"It wasn't a assumption. Your blood was extremely low in nutrients at the hospital. You never ate the hospital food. You threw it away. And now. You're just playing with your food so no one bothers you with questions."

He retorted and my jaw tightened. There wasn't much I could say back,he broke my facade.

"So?"

I said in a pitiful attempt to not be bothered with anything he just said.

"Alex, being anorexic can kill you. You also have asthma which isn't going to get any better."

I sighed furrowing my eyebrows.

"Look Carlisle thanks for your concern but I'm not-"

"Someone is chasing after you am I correct?"

Carlisle interrupted and my body froze instantly Vane filling my mind.

"How did you...."

I said and I looked down at the table. I closed my eyes and rolled my shoulders.

"That's none of your business."

I told him standing up and Carlisle sighed.

"Please Alex I want to help you but I need you to at least tell me who is chasing you."

I shook my head furiously and ran a hand threw my hair.

"It's nothing! Really no one is chasing me!"

I argued nervously. Of course my voice gave it away.

"Then why did you move to small town away from your family?"

"I like small towns!"

I defended narrowing my eyes.

"My mom moves around a lot I've had enough of it. I want to actually make connections and friends in my life. Also this place is surrounded by the woods and I like to hike."

I stated annoyed. I can't believe I have to justify myself right now. Carlisle stood up and silence took over us. I felt almost challenged by the silence and I looked up at Carlisle.

"At least tell me the name."

I took a deep breath and sighed.

"His name is...."

I started but the words got stuck in my throat. I shook my head no and felt overwhelming amounts of fear strike me almost to tears.

"Alex pleas-"

"Vane."

I gasp out and a chill ran through my spine. I sat back down,burying my head into my hands. I was very much going to regret saying his name again. Carlisle placed a hand on my shoulder before quietly calling in Esme. Esme's loving embrace took over Carlisle's caring touch and I sighed. One thing I've realized. They all have incredibly pale and cold skin with the same golden colored eyes. Something was not normal about the Cullen's and I think I might have to talk to Bella soon. Real soon.

-----3-------

I know this chapter is kinda short the next one will be longer and I've decided to kick this story into hyper drive without making it sound rushed. So what do you think?