Memories are annoying...

" Are you ,ah , going to get that?"

Chief Swan said looking through the papers.I shook my head.

" Nothing important..."

" Well, you check out. Alex. Sorry for the misunderstanding. You must be new to Forks. Welcome."

He finished sticking out his hand. I gripped his hand and gave a brief shake.

" Thank you."

" How do you like it so far?"

" Oh it's wonderful here. I've met some nice people here so I guess I'll be okay living here."

" That's good. That's good, have you met my daughter Bella?"

" No, I haven't does she go to Forks high?"

" Yes, you might've seen her. She pale long brownish black hair deep brown eyes?"

I thought for a second. I vaguely remember seeing a girl like that.

" I think I've seen her before..."

" She's new here as well. Maybe I can introduce you two."

" That would be nice. I could always use more friends. I live in that big house that was being built a little bit Western of town."

" Oh you live there?! Such a big house you live alone?"

I smiled lightly.

" Yeah. My mom decided she would like me living in a big house for some reason."

" Planning on having any big parties there anytime soon."

" No, not at all I'm not much of a party person. "

" Good to know. But there's the fact that you were speeding. I'm going to have to give you a ticket."

I groaned.

" Great. Just great."

Chief Swan gave me a look and sighed.

" Your new here so...I'll give you a break."

I smiled and ran a hand through my hair.

" Oh thank you! But there's a catch isn't there?"

Chief Swan chuckled.

" Your smart. Why yes there is. You have to accompany me and my daughter to dinner. My house."

Dinner...hm why not. Not like I have anything to cook with at my house.

" Sure I would love to!"

" Great. Here's the address. Come by around 6:30."

" Okay. See you then Chief Swan."

" Charlie just call me Charlie and don't go on speeding again. The roads are dangerous!"

I nodded and my smile brightened.

" Goodbye Charlie."

" See you later, Alex. Obey the traffic laws!"

Charlie walked back to his patrol car and drove away. I sighed and put my forehead against the steering wheel. My hands shook as I picked up my phone. I opened the text message and gasped. My emerald green eyes met with dangerous red orbs. He sent me a picture.... A cocky smirk plagued his lips and dark messy hair fell just above his eyes. The smooth flawless pale skin seem to glow in artificial night. He was in a dark room , I could see the outline of a dresser and bed. The text sent with the picture read.

' See you soon.'

I bit back a sob and turned my car around. Driving steadily a little above the speed limit. I pulled into the garage of my house and let out a steady breath. I walked into my bathroom and looked into the mirror. Tears that I didn't even know we're there, we're running down my cheeks. You have that effect on me don't you?