Nightmare morning

The only thing I can see is darkness. It was pitch black not a speck of light was found. A feeling of dread raked through my body. Out of habit I twirled my necklace and chewed the inside of my cheek.

" H-Hello?"

I called out but received no answer. Where the hell am I? I cautiously walked forward feeling my fear rise with each step.

"Alex."

I froze and closed my eyes. I took a shaky breath.

" Vane. Leave me alone."

I stated trying to sound tough but my voice faltered.

" Al. You're starting to piss me off. You know how I get when I'm angry..."

I flinched at his tone of voice.

" I don't care! Leave me alone! I hate..."

A loud snarl echoed and I cowered into a crouch. I took a deep breath and stood back up.

" I'm not a sca-scared of you, Vane"

" Oh really?"

He responded. I felt a hand trace down my back. I broke out into a cold sweat. I felt the other hand claim my wrist and squeeze it tightly. I winced and let out a whimper.

" You've tried my patience Alex. For that you need a punishment."

My eyes widened and I was shaking. Punishments those Fucking punishments...

" Please...no..."

I murmur and saw his figure accumulate in front of me. I shrank back and thrusted my hands in front of me, defensively.

" No! No no no! Please I'm sorry!"

I cried out desperately. Vane blue eyes turn to their dangerous red. Tears were streaming down my cheeks and blinding me slightly as I backed away from his advancing form. A scream pushed past my lips as he suddenly grabbed my shoulders....My eyes launched open and I sat up , panting. I was covered in sweat and the bed felt hot and wet. I pulled the covers off and quickly scanned the room.

" Just another nightmare..."

I whispered, my eyes slowly closing. I rubbed my temples and looked at my phone. 4:00 am it read in white numbering. I sighed and didn't dare to go back to sleep. I couldn't go downstairs because that would require me waking up Esme and that would be rude. If I went down there without her help then she'll be mad at me. A lose,lose situation.

I turned on the tv and flicked through channels. Stopping on one channel that was playing Ruggrats reruns. I watched tv till about eight. I felt a little better and decided to take a shower. I look inside the drawers and decided on a purple tank top and dark wash skinny jeans. I left my room and easily found an bathroom. The door was wide open and a fresh towel and washcloth were on top of it. I picked up the note and scanned it quickly. It was from Esme saying how this is my bathroom and I could use anything in here without asking. I smiled.

" Thats nice..."

I said softly before throwing the note into the trash bin. I turned on the shower and stripped off the sweaty clothes. I made the shower quick and overloaded on the soap. I dried off and got dressed, coming out of the bathroom smelling like strawberries and vanilla. My smell was quickly subdued by the smell of...bacon? I raised an eyebrow and went towards the stairs. Yup defiantly bacon.

" Esme?"

I called and she appeared at the bottom like I summoned her. She smiled brightly and swiftly came up the stairs.

" Good morning Alex!"

She said and helped me down the stairs.

" Uh good morning?"

How the hell is she so cheery in the morning?

" I made breakfast. It's right in the dining room follow me!"

She briskly disappeared into a open room and even did a small twirl spin entering.

" What the..."

I murmured under my breath before following after. Entering the room there was a large polished wood oval table with expensive looking chairs circling around it. On the table was pretty blue and gold china and there was silver trays filled with food. My eyes widen. I look up at Esne whom was staring at me with enthusiastic eyes.

" Is...the rest of the family coming to breafast? "

I asked looking at the table full of food. Esme smiled and giggled.

" No, it's just for you. I didn't know what you'd like eat. So I made a little of everything."

" A little bit?! Esme you made enough food to feed an army!"

I laughed. She smiled sheepishly.

" Well it's all for you. Eat up!"

I sat at one of the chairs and picked up a plate. I picked up one of the serving spoons and scooped up some scrambled eggs and grits. I also picked up 3 slices of bacon. I mixed in at least a tablespoon of sugar into the grits and began eating. I looked up at Esme and gave her a curious look.

" Aren't you going to eat anything?"

I asked, after swallowing a mouthful grits. Esme shook her head and looked away.

" No, I ate something earlier. Sorry I can't join you Alex."

I smiled.

" It's fine Esme. But I don't think I'm going to eat all this myself..."

" Oh it doesn't matter. I'll just donate it to the woman's abuse recovery center. I'm a frequent volunteer there."

" Wow! That's generous of you!"

I said astonished. She smiled.

" I find it so sad when woman suffer from the pain caused by their spouse. It's unfair and isn't right."

She said quietly, her eyes darkening for a moment. I said nothing and continued to eat my food.

" You know I used to be in a abusive relationship..."

She brought up.

" Esme I don't want to rude. But, may we stop talking about this? This topic must make you feel uncomfortable and I'm not very comfortable about it either. "

I mumble. I felt Esme's eyes bore down on my face. I shifted uncomfortably and nibbled on a slice of bacon.

" Alex? Are you in a abusive relationship?..."

Esme asked concerned. I laughed.

" No not anymore. I move around a lot so it was easy to get away from him. It's over."

I stated. Esme smiled sweetly.

" That's good. Most women are too scared to leave their husband or boyfriend once it gets like that."

The room became silent again and I finished up my plate. I got up to put it in the kitchen put Esme quickly stopped me.

" No no I got it Alex! Please let me put everything away."

I smiles and thanked her. I walked out the room and sat on the couch. I turned on the tv and flicked to Foodnetwork channel. Chopped was on. I made a face. They play this show way to often. I end up watching it for an hour before becoming sleepy. I guess not sleeping for 5 hours and then eating really can tire someone out. I yawn and let my eyes flutter close.

~~\_\~~

Talk about fillers -_- sorry... I promise progress is going to happen ^-^" So new chapter be happy meh uploaded faster then last time at least...

COMMENT FAN VOTE

BYEEE