• Introduction •

THANK YOU so much all of you for your love, support and appreciation you gave me in the previous update. It really means a lot. 🙏🏻

This is the introduction to the story from the show before the actual story starts. So that who haven't watch "Ye un dino ki baat hai" could understand the plot of the story and who have watched it could recall the episodes happend before.
If you want to live the story like no one else, you can watch first 15 episodes of the show and continue reading the chapters then you'll not need to read this chapter. I know this is not possible for everyone, hence I got this short summary of the first 15 episodes so that the chapters further shouldn't seem out of the way to you.

Happy Reading!

In the nostalgic setting of 1990s Ahmedabad, a tale of two young souls unfolds. Meet 16-year-old Naina Agarwal, a girl whose life bears the weight of her past. Having lost her mother at birth, she's grown up in the embrace of a conservative and orthodox joint family. Her father, Rakesh Agarwal, occupies the role of a librarian at Pragati Vidya Ka Mandir, but his mindset is just as conservative as their family values. He holds high hopes for his son Arjun's future but seems to overlook Naina's dreams. Thankfully, Naina finds solace and support in the warm embrace of her uncle Anand and Aunt Bela and their daughter Preeti which is more than a sister to her.

And then, there's Sameer Maheshwari, a 17-year-old with a mischievous streak, sent back to Ahmedabad from his boarding school in Nainital due to his penchant for mischief. Sameer's life has been marked by the complexities of family dynamics. After his father's passing, his mother Vishakha married Vivek Somani, and they moved to Delhi, a decision that soured their relationship. In a twist of fate, Sameer finds himself returning to his maternal grandfather, Jaiprakash Maheshwari, in Ahmedabad.

As destiny weaves its intricate threads, Sameer becomes a student at the very school where Naina is pursuing her studies. There he meet two fun-loving and mischievious boys Munna and Pandit, which later become his Best friends. Naina, a diligent and dedicated student, has always been in the shadows of her family's conservative values. She is relegated to the sidelines, while her father focuses on her brother Arjun's ambitions.

Naina's world, however, undergoes a transformation when Sameer enters the scene. For her, it's love at first sight, a feeling that blossoms amidst the pages of her diary. Yet, Sameer's initial impression of her is far from affectionate. Their first encounter is far from ideal; Naina, as the Head Discipline Monitor of her school, finds herself testifying against Sameer's mischief.

But even as Sameer's irritation grows, Naina's heart swells with dreams of him which she didn't tell anyone neither her sister Preeti nor her school best friend and benchmate Swati. Their lives become entangled in ways they could never have imagined. Sameer, driven by the desire to prove himself to his mother, decides to compete for the coveted Head Boy's position at school, a decision that sets the stage for a unique partnership.

Intrigued by Naina's intelligence and her ability to navigate the strict rules of their school, Sameer approaches her for help. But at that very moment, Naina receives an admission offer from Banasthali University due to her previous terms' academic excellence. Due to her acceptance of this admission she had to go to Banasthali the very next day and due to this she couldn't say yes to Sameer for the academic help he asked.