11 | The Telephone

The credit of this update goes to @the_olive_enigma. She requested me to upload a chapter before the year ends. Here it is! 

P.S. Sorry if you find some mistakes, as I am updating it in a hurry, there was no time to proofread it. 

Happy Reading!

In the classroom, Naina  had really lost her appetite. She glanced around, except some boys at the back, there was no one.

Khushi was her best friend. But Sameer, Sameer was her love. How will she forget him?

She looked up, "Bhagwanji, ye kaisa dharam sankat hai? Aapne Sameer ko yaha bhejke mujhe itni khushi di par dusre hi din aapne mujhse meri saari Khushi kyu cheen li?" Her eyes swam with tears "Wo meri hi dost se pyaar karta hai aur...aur main uske liye khush bhi nahi ho sakti..."

She now connected the dots, that's why Khushi always ignored Aditya, because she loved Sameer. And Sameer also loved her, she could see it in his eyes. She had never seen him so happy and cheerful, he was with Khushi.

She will try her best to forget him and be happy for Sameer. Khushi deserved her friend's support while Sameer...she doesn't matter for him anyways.

She tried to smile...forcefully...but couldn't and the fresh tears pooled in her eyes. She will not be able to see them together, and decided to go to her room while giving an excuse of not feeling well.

She wiped her tears and was about to leave when she saw Khushi entering inside...

Khushi hugged her in a force that made her balance waver. Naina wrapped her hands around Khushi in confusion of this sudden hug.

"Thank you so so so much Naina" Naina couldn't fathom the context of her thank you untill she added, "Bhai ki jaan bachane ke liye.."

"Bhai!?" Naina still has confusion written on her face when Khushi parted.

"Sameer bhai!" Khushi smiled emotionally.

"Sameer b..bhai?" Naina was on cloud nine by this revelation. Oh god! He was her brother. And she had imagined him as everything but her brother. How could she even not think of this??

Khushi nodded with some tears in her eyes, "Haan Naina...main tujhe bata bhi nahi sakti ki tune kya kiya hai...bh..bhai mere liye bahut important hai...unki jaan bachakar..." She could not put her emotions into words and hugged her again.

When they heard the bell rang, both sat at their usual places.

"Mujhe na bhai ne abhi bataya ki tum dono ek hi class main padhte the...ahmedabad meinn..."

Naina nodded smilingly. She was opening her bag when she felt a gust of wind passing...and there he was...entering the classroom. Naina, like every single time, could not take her eyes off him.

Tu tu hai wahi dil ne jise apna kaha

Tu hai jahan main hoon wahan

Ab to ye jeena tere bin hai sazaa...

Sameer ignored her completely while giving a tight lipped smile to Khushi.

Khushi scowled in front of him but smiled later murmuring, "Ye bhai bhi na...bilkul bachhe hai!"

It was the last period. The mathematics teacher, Swarna, came for the last revision. She informed them that from Monday they'll start with a new term.

She thought to revise formulas and asked the students to tell her the sum of squares formula when she heard only two voices.